Our stay at the Cameron House Inn was our first experience at a bed and breakfast and we were so thrilled to have such a wonderful time. Our reservation was for Valentine's Day weekend 2014 and we traveled 2 hours to get to our destination. I emailed the innkeeper ahead of time to make sure she was aware that we would arrive outside of the normal check-in times. She was almost immediate in her response and reminded us that we would have a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us on arrival - she even asked if we preferred a dry or sweet varietal.
When we arrived, Jennifer greeted us promptly and gave us a tour of the home, even taking the time to describe its history and unique architectural features.
Some of the best parts of our stay:
* Our room was attended to each day - the bed was made, fresh towels and soaps provided, etc - everything you would expect in a traditional hotel.
* Baked goods everywhere! And I mean, delicious. Cherry bars, Reese's cookies, you name it. There was something delicious to sample at all times.
* A fully stocked mini fridge - waters, sodas, juices, etc. This came in handy as we would venture out for the day.
* Hot breakfast! Prior to our stay, I had seen some reviews where guests complained about the lack of a hot breakfast. It seems that the innkeepers have responded to the feedback and really stepped up their game - we enjoyed a wide variety of food both days.
* The ambiance - plain and simple. This place is so cozy and inviting I didn't want to leave. Although we spent quite a bit of time being tourists, we really enjoyed coming "home" and relaxing in front of the fireplace, reading, playing Scrabble, enjoying a glass of wine.
I could go on and on but you get the gist. We loved this place so much, we will return again and again!
Thank you to Jennifer and Bernadette for their hospitality. We'll see you again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cameron House Inn is a beautiful Manteo, NC inn nestled in the heart of Roanoke Island. Near Nags Head, Cape Hatteras and famous Outer Banks lighthouses, it is the ideal accommodation location for exploring the Outer Banks, the Roanoke Island attractions and enjoying the shops, restaurants and activities of Manteo. Cameron House Inn offers six guest rooms, all individually and beautifully designed. The overall style of the inn is Arts and Crafts, and the rooms reflect that look. Special amenities give each one its own appeal. Relax in a rocking chair by the outdoor fireplace and let the quaint, peaceful spirit of small–town Manteo carry you back to a simpler time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Cameron House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron House Hotel Manteo