“The only place to stay in Manteo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #3 of 10 Manteo B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The only place to stay in Manteo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

At least that's how I feel.
My work brings me to Manteo every month and I have
stayed elsewhere. After staying at the Cameron House I
have never looked back.
Quite, peaceful, and walking distance to just about anything.
Beth and the staff are great and very accommodating and provide
a wonderful breakfast in the morning.
If you are staying in Manteo give them a call.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
FLorida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have been frequent guests at the Cameron House Inn and have thoroughly enjoyed our stays. The B&B is a relaxed and hassle free experience. No one is hovering over you, yet they are available to assist if you need anything during your stay. The house is quiet, warm and homey, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The atmosphere is like you are visiting dear friends. Breakfast is always a delight with excellent variety! The extra touch of having a cozy fireplace out back to enjoy during a cool evening, and bikes available to explore the island have added enjoyment and relaxation to our stays. Walking distance to downtown Manteo makes the Inn very convenient. The Cameron House Inn is our "go to" place whenever we are visiting the area!

Room Tip: Kingfisher room is very spacious and has a king size bed. Featherstone room has a wonderful gas bur...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wilmington, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our stay at the Inn was pleasant and relaxing. The rooms were clean and the linens were outstanding.
The breakfast was okay, not outstanding but palatable.
My problem arose upon checkout. I was told that I had been overcharged for a room that we initially inquired about for our traveling companions and that we would see a credit on my credit card. When we finally returned home, I checked the cc and instead of a credit, I had been charged the fee that I had been told I was going to receive a credit on. I called and called and on the 3rd call, I got Beth, the owner. She stated that it had been taken care of and I should receive a credit within the next few days. Well, we left town again and upon my return, I did have a credit but it is not in the amount of the initial charge or the amount that I was told had been an overcharge on my account. All I can say is, make sure you check your bills prior to checking out. Don't do as I did and just assume everything would be taken care of because some times it is not. I am not saying that this was intentional as we all make errors but just be careful wherever you stay. I will definitely be checking my bills from now on.

Room Tip: Check your bills prior to leaving...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had the room with the fireplace (Featherstone). It was very well furnished, immaculately cleaned, and had the most comfortable bed. We came down for the week of our wedding by Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. It was so relaxing, were I spent most evenings on the porch swing. I was welcomed in by a gracious host. Our wedding day was calling for rain, and they allowed us to have it on the beautiful covered back porch by the fireplace. Fortunately, the skies cleared right before and it was not needed. We loved the fresh baked cookies that they had out every evening, and the wonderful breakfast. We were visited several times by a spirit of a little boy, once in our room, and once in the dining room in the middle of the night. Perhaps this was Cameron? This house was the perfect place for us the unwind before the wedding, and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. If the inn is ever for sale, please contact us, as we may be interested in buying it. Thank you for the wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The Featherstone has a wonderful bed, and nice full size bathtub. Wonderfully comfortable!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed one night celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in. The Creef room was very attractive and super clean as was the rest of the house. We LOVED the back porch/fireplace with trellis. It was the perfect spot to sit under the ceiling fans, play a game, eat breakfast the next morning and visit with the resident cats. The owners rightly recommended a restaurant "The Brine and the Bottle" for our anniversary and it was a great choice! Breakfast was good - I admit, having been to B&B's where the food was all or mostly made from scratch, I was a little disappointed that theirs was not (other than some cooked bacon, ham and sausage&gravy). However, there were plenty of choices: cold cereal, bagels, toast, frozen waffles, fruit, jellies, cream cheeses.
We enjoyed ourselves and will use Cameron House again if we get back to the Manteo area!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have stayed at quite a few B&B's, but this was our first visit to the Outer Banks. Found the Cameron House Inn to be in a great location in Manteo, walking distance to the waterfront. The house was very welcoming...beautifully furnished and our room (Kingfisher) was very spacious and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and provided us with delicious breakfasts. Had access to the kitchen (never had that anywhere) and we could get soda and bottled water anytime of day... along with the delicious cookies and cake that was always on the counter. The house was extremely clean and the front and rear porches were a great place to relax and enjoy the lovely area. Would definitely recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was a perfect place for me and my best friend to meet up. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The house has a lovely back porch with fireplace, a front porch swing, and nice dining room. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and along with good breakfast options, provides free bottled water and yummy cookies and cakes in the evening. I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cameron House Inn? Share your experiences!