“Always have good food here.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Darrell’s is a family-style seafood restaurant that’s been a favorite on Roanoke Island since 1960. Seafood is the definite specialty; the fried oysters are widely touted as the best anywhere, served with the traditional fixings of cole slaw, french fries and hush puppies. Locals know that Darrell’s does seafood right. Land food, children’s fare and light eaters’ dishes are also available. Darrell’s is now serving the best BBQ and BBQ Ribs fresh off an all narural wood fired smoker. Helpings are heaping and desserts are delicious, if you have room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served Monday-Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday’s.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always have good food here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We go here for lunch whenevr we visit the Outer Banks. They have great seafood. The fried oysters aee excellent, as is the fried flounder. We've also had the BBQ, cheeseburgers and ribs. This particular visit we all had the fried oyster lunch. The oysters are small, which is what I prefer. The amount of breading is great, not too much and not too little. I also love the hushpuppies at Darrell's. Even though our lunches came with two hushpuppies we still ordered an extra half dozen to share at the table. Good comfort food, friendly service and reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

miami, fl
“It is possible to mess up grits”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stopped in to have their version of NC pulled pork, sampled it before and it was interesting. Unfortunately, we were 20 minutes to early to order lunch, seems that rule didn't apply to the diners that were seated 3 minutes after us, so I ordered breakfast. I've never seen anybody mess up egg or grits......so my hat goes off to the cook.

Charleston, West Virginia
“Good, family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Great dinner choices. I got the broiled seafood platter and my husband had tuna. Both were excellent choices. Their Hatteras chowder was very good and the onion rings were the best. All the wait staff was very attentive - great dining experience.

Visited December 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I went to the outer banks to partake in amazing seafood. couldn't enjoy it hear as mostly everything is friend. My sister did have the pulled pork and that was killer and we know our Carolina BBQ! So i suggest that!

Visited November 2011
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“expensive and over rated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

we are locals and the restaurant has completely gone down. My family and I stopped for lunch and we were finally greeted by a very rude woman who didnt acknowledge us when entering. the food was over priced and the atmosphere was AWFUL! Our fried food was cold and our drinks were never refilled. When we went to pay, we were not thanked nor asked to come again. horrible experience.

• Visited October 2011