“Excellent Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Coastal Helicopters offers air tours and scenic flights over the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina...we can take up to three passengers on an exciting trip along the oceanside past lighthouses, marine life and wild ponies. From Corolla to Ocracoke and beyond, creates memories that last a lifetime!
Stafford, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I were looking for something different to do in the Outer Banks. We chose to do the helicopter tour. Larry and his wife could not have been more friendly upon our arrival. It was our first helicopter ride and Larry was a great pilot and guide commenting on many points of interest on the Islands. The view was amazing and gave us a perspective of the Islands we had never experienced. I would highly recommend this tour and will look forward to to doing this again in the future.

Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
“Bucket List Complete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Larry and Steph could not have been more friendly and helpful. A helicopter ride was the last thing on my bucket list. Larry is an excellent pilot and tour guide. The outerbands is beautiful and to see it by air was awesome. I had a wonderful time and would like to take my grandchildren on my next visit.

Corolla, North Carolina
“Manteo to Ocracoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Highly recommended for those that love OBX and want to see the fragile ecosystem from a "macro" view. We went two hours - great for me but 30 minutes longer than family preferred. Very organized, friendly and safe!

San Francisco, California
“Great option for sightseeing & travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My first time on a a helicopter and certainly the first time for my 4 yr old daughter. We both loved it. I booked it because i was apprehensive about this trip to the outer banks (long travel from San Francisco, family reunion w cousins my daughter had never met) and I wanted to do something that would make the trip memorable. We ended up having a great trip and Coastal Helicopters took us up the coast to Norfolk airport to start our trip home. The ride was spectacular and something i will never forget. Larry, our pilot, was courteous and v accomodating of my daughter and my golf clubs and made the overall experience worthwhile. Its not cheap, but it was worth the price i paid and then some.

Visited August 2013
Shenandoah, Virginia
“Incredibly Beautiful and Everything I Imagined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have been going to the Outer Banks for years and it has aways been my place of peace. I had always wanted to the Outer Banks from the air and this was the year. I made the trip into a two day adventure. First day with two of my sons from Manteo to the Virginia state line traveling the beach north and the return trip by sound. Day two was with one son and my husband traveling south by the beach side of Hatteras to Ocracoke and Portsmouth islands and back by the sound. I had wanted to see mostly the lay of the land and of course the wild horses of Corolla. Larry made it so much more by pointing out the dolphins, shipwreck, sharks(yes sharks)and all the while giving us the history and other tidbits of the Outer Banks. It was truly wonderful and everything I imagined, Larry and Steph could not have been any nicer and professional with the service. This was a big check off my bucket list. I will return next year for a ride in the bio-plane, while this is not on my bucket list who can resist!

Visited August 2013