“Great Lunch in Manteo” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 31 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Bristol, Connecticut
“Great Lunch in Manteo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On our way from Norfolk to Corolla we were a bit ahead of schedule so we paused on Manteo Island in search of some outdoor water view lunch and found it at The Avenue Grill. Shoulder season made for a quiet lunch on the back porch opening with a bottle of Edmeade’s Red Zinfandel to go along with our meal of She Crab soup and crab cakes and drum fish fillets in a Caesar Salad after a cup of mushroom and broccoli chowder. The waitress was prompt and friendly providing us with both entertainment and restaurant tips for the remainder of our trip.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ManteoBreeze, Owner at Avenue Grille and Events, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thanks for stopping in and the review. We love sharing the laid back, relaxing waterfront atmosphere with our guests. The porch and the patio are so peaceful! Glad you found us and enjoyed your dining experience at Avenue. Cheers!

Rodney ON
“Nice part of a Manteo visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had spent the better part of the day touring Manteo and wanted something good for lunch. We happened on Avenue Grill by chance and went in. There is a beautiful view of the harbor which I enjoyed with my iced tea while my wife liked the lavender tea. My burger was very tasty as was the salad. My wife had the quiche with a side house salad. It was all very good food, prepared just right in a nice atmosphere overlooking the harbor. Service was fine and the prices were reasonable. It's one of those days it was good to be a tourist! We recommend The Avenue.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Good food, great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Good food, great view, excellent service! Really enjoyed the beer boiled fresh shrimp appetizer! Steak burger was excellent and very tasty --cooked to order with just right charcoal broiled taste. Good variety in the menu including fresh catch of the day. Great view of the water,docked boats, and Roanake colony replica sailling ship. Choice of eatting indoors or on outdoor balcony.

Visited October 2013
Snow Camp, North Carolina
“Nice Location-Overpriced Pedestrian Fare; Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This place has a great view of the harbor at Manteo…but is not a pleasant dining experience…
First, the place is all hard surfaces (stone tables and floors, metal furniture ) so even with just a few diners there is a constant din and clatter that makes conversation difficult…The menu is limited and we had two very unimpressive meals delivered slowly and petulantly…the Blackened Chicken Ceasar salad I had was practically tasteless…bland chicken on greens with a weak, unimaginative dressing and a few croutons…
Two salads and an appetizer…$73…outrageous price for that food… Moody, slow waitress too…
I recommend one go to Owens in Nags Head and get a 4 Star meal instead

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ManteoBreeze, Owner at Avenue Grille and Events, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Sir,
While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, everyone is also entitled to not agree with it. I speak to a multitude of people who would disagree with you and who eat at our restaurant on a regular basis and guests whom I might only get the pleasure of seeing once or twice a year. And I hear on a daily basis people raving about our fun, different, delicious and eclectic menu in a chic modern environment. As an owner/manager I get the pleasure of a lot of contact with our guests and we want their satisfaction to be met in every way. I remember the evening you and your partner were in to eat. The review below this one, also from Snow Camp, is your partner's. I pulled up your receipt from my records and yes, your 2 entree sized salads, one having fresh caught local shrimp($14) and the other all natural Coleman farm's chicken breast($12), our local lump crab dip(which has loads of crab meat-$14), 2 cups of local lump crab meat bisque(all generously portioned-$8 each), and 2 teas($2.50 each) with tax($4.73)=65.73 + tip(8.00) totaled $73.73. It is every restaurateurs dream to see and hear of their customer's satisfaction. When I asked you how your evening and meal was that day your response was a smile and "fine". If you had called your service issues and food complaints to my attention I could have addressed your complaints...maybe that would have helped your evening to be more enjoyable. I have tasted our homemade traditional Caesar dressing made from imported extra virgin olive oil, parmesan reggiano, fresh squeezed lemon juice and anchovies. The salad consists of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and croutons...it is a Caesar salad. I have also re-taste tested the blackened chicken and it remains one of my favorite proteins. Your dining companion had our Avenue salad consisting of organic greens, house made wine poached pears, homemade candied pecans, premium Gorgonzola homemade red wine vinaigrette salad dressing with 6 extra large local shrimp. Our menu is designed to please a variety of palettes and budgets. We feature premium natural steaks and poultry, 100% fresh local seafood, as well as a gourmet burger menu, a grilled crust pizza menu, delicious fish tacos, pasta, in house smoked baby back ribs and many more options, I am sorry you were unable to find an entree that appealed to your taste.
www.avenueeventsobx.com/Dinner_Menu_2.

Also, the tables are not made of stone, the floors are polished concrete, and the chairs are made of wood, not metal.
Snow Camp, North Carolina, United States
“Not much Luck Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ate there during off season and the service was still bad and the rest. is loud and not enjoyable! 2 good things: The view is great! The crap dip is the only reason to go.
The waitress brought me the wrong soup and blamed me!! What an attitude!!
The salad was nothing nothing and it is overall ver priced for what you get.
I ate here years ago - different owners many times and it is always been a disappointment -
Why can't a place with a great view - get this place right?

• Visited September 2013