“Remember my childhood” 5 of 5 stars

Middlesex, New Jersey
69 attraction reviews
“Remember my childhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have just taken my 2 yr old for the first time last June. I've been going here for at least 35 yrs and from the food building to the playground to the speakers it's like stepping back in time. We do go to the flea market once every trip and try to get to one movie night at the drive-in. It's an experience, bring some of your own drinks and snacks but buy a little maybe to keep them in business. I have also done the mini-golf out front for over 3 decades. It's old style but was well kept the last time I saw it 2 yrs ago, the fake grass seemed new and were different colors. I always make sure to use the speakers that are there but they say all of them are not still working. You can tune your car radio to listen if you choose. Large vehicles have designated spots. They have rope for people that park backwards with SUV's, so their tailgates are open but not blocking the view for others. Bring bug spray for sure! I tend to enjoy the movies more at home later, probably because I have small children in the car to deal with. Still fun though.

Visited June 2013

Cape Cod
3 attraction reviews
“Blast from the past...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

There are hardly any drive-in movies left.... anywhere. This is a fun, must see activity for the whole family.

Visited August 2013
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nothing to compare this experience to. Watch 2 movies for the price of one and get some neat snacks at the snack bar and all this from the privacy of your own car. It brings back some neat memories as a teen for me.

Visited August 2013
Massachusetts, United States
“The Flea Market!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

All right, so I cant remember the last time I went to a drive in theatre. But what I like about this one is the flea market. I visit the cape occasionally just to go to the flea market it seems. This last visit we had a great buying trip (lots of T-shirts) at the Flea Market. Unfortunately, not as many sellers are participating as in the past. I would suggest a visit just for the fun of it, because at this rate it will disappear in a year or two. Or three...

Visited October 2013
Lander, Wyoming
35 attraction reviews
“An experience to share with your children and grandchildren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Even when I was a child 50 years ago, drive-ins were a dying breed. The Wellfleet Drive-In has been going strong for far longer than my experience and seems poised to survive into the future. While my review clearly carries the sentimentality from having enjoyed the Drive-In when it was the only place for a teen-age couple to have some privacy, I am happy to report that the Wellfleet Drive-In has transitioned into a wonderful place for families to jointly experience the outdoor viewing of movies together. There are probably still some teenagers discretely necking in their cars but the majority of folks were groups, many with lawn chairs, having terrific fun. The scene was reminiscent of families gathering on the hills in Wellfleet to watch the Fourth of July fire works. I think that the Wellfleet Drive-In is the kind of nostalgic memory that children and parents alike will enjoy years later. And it certainly makes Wellfleet one of the unique places on the Cape-not touristy, but fun and intimate.

Visited June 2013