“Everything Done Just Right” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Maryland, USA
“Everything Done Just Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our party of four left the Wicked Oyster after our dinner saying that this was one of the best meals we have had in a very long time. We ate clam chowder (the best I have ever had), salad, a special lobster dish, halibut, and swordfish, all of which were perfectly prepared. The bombe served for dessert sent one diner into a state of rapture. This is a place to which one wants to return.

76% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Best restaurant in Wellfleet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We make a point of eating here every summer, and it continues to be the best restaurant in Wellfleet. (I used to rate it best in all of Cape Cod, but Blackfish in Truro just beat it out for that title. See my review). Great food, fine atmosphere. My one issue this time was the service, so I'm taking off one star. Our waitress made (comparatively) poor food recommendations and got a few orders outright wrong. Everyone at the table joked about it, but we noticed. No big deal, and I'll certainly be back next year.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bigfork
“Culinary delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wow, what a treat! Met with a large group at the bar next door for drinks and we decided to make dinner reservations. I was amazed at such short notice they were willing to accomodate us. I had a salad and the seared ahi, which was seared perfectly, nice tender and rare. Good wine selection. Service was up to par as well. Highly recommend for a food experience!

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in wellfleet for the weekend and came here because it was close and we had a reservation. The service was great! We waited maybe 5-10 min for a table, but they kept us informed as to when they were seating us. Once seated we were ready to order everything and it came out in a timely order. The food was so delicious. Local food done right! It was a perfect meal for us. We would love to come back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Impressive hearty breakfast...at 10:30”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I arrived with my party of 7 this morning at 10:30, note it was a Sunday morning, and were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. Our server was very personable and prompt but forgot to refill coffees and waters. Everyone in my group cleaned their plate and was impressive with how fast our food came out. I customized my omelette but will defiantly be back to try the set menu items. The prices were very fare and I would recommend the French toast for little ones. Overall welcome surprise for my first visit there all summer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere