“Good family place” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Stamford, CT
“Good family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We ate here twice during our week's stay on the Cape. The food is good, basic, beach fare. In our group we had broiled fish, fried calamari, fish and chips, lobster bisque, lobster roll, salad, burgers and fries. Everyone was happy with his or her meal. Nothing fancy, but fresh and well-cooked.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brooklyn, New York
“Sampled some soups, all very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

For a bonfire, my group took out food from PJs. I had leftovers from another meal so all my boyfriend and I needed was soup. We sampled the clam and lobster chowders. Of all the clam chowders I tried while on the cape, this one had the thinnest broth! That's not to say it's bad, it was just different! I really enjoyed the lobster chowder -- great sherry taste and lots of fresh lobster. This place is an institution for a reason.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Family place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

had a great stuffed clam...other fried food and ice cream is average. the place needed cleaning..tables were dirty.

Visited August 2012
Niverville, New York
“Good take out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had stuffed clam, which was huge and good. 2 dozen steamers which we disappointed with. The steamers were very gritty and we didn't even finish them. I realize it was the type of clam, but we couldn't eat them. The french fries were good as well as the lobster roll. Chocolate shakes were good to. A little on the pricey side.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Massachusetts
“Not your mother's clam chowder - unless she's Scottish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went on a week night and had clam chowder (because of the rave reviews), calamari, fish and chips, and a lobster roll, The lobster roll was nice - though I prefer the roll be grilled. The calamari and fish and chips were very tasty though not outstanding. The chowder? Well, it was a disappointment. The milky broth was as thin as milk with chunks of potato and clams on the bottom 1/4 of the bowl - and is the sort of chowder my land locked-Scottish mother might make. Some chowders are of course thicker than others and I admit that I favor the thick variety found at Legal Seafood - but this chowder was by far the thinnest consistency I've ever had. That said, the flavor was good and the staff friendly.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere