“Excellent place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: It’s vacation time on Cape Cod! You and your family want to have lots of fun and eat some fresh seafood. Family owned and operated since 1983, Moby Dick’s is THE Cape Cod seafood restaurant for friends and families to meet, eat and just have a good time. Taking the New England clam shack to a new level, we will offer you and your family a great experience. We may not be full service, but we deliver great service. The freshest seafood, the best lobsters, Wellfleet littlenecks, Wellfleet oysters, Chatham Cod, fried clams and clam chowder are just a few of the local items we serve up daily. We aim to be the best. Kid-friendly is our middle name. We have a large Kid’s menu not to mention some fun coloring sheets as well. We welcome guests needing a gluten-free menu. We love large groups, small groups, any group. We would be delighted to host your special Cape Cod event. We are a BYOB establishment so grab your favorite beer or wine and head right over. We look forward to meeting you! Open at 11:30 am everyday for lunch and dinner from the first Friday in May to Columbus Day.
“Excellent place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I live on the Cape, and I am not a huge fan of the big gimmicky lobster shack type places.
Thankfully a few great places do exist.. Moby Dick's is one of the best hands down. My wife and I love this place. It's casual yet professional. Service is fantastic. You have people checking on you all the time including the owner who is so pleasant and helpful, he is outstanding! I love the food as well. Great chowder, fish and chips, and calamari. I recommend this place to all my friends and family who come to visit, Keep up the great job.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Evangelos L, Thank you very much for your very kind comments!

NJ
“2 times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We ate at Moby Dick's 2 times in 24 hours. The steamers we my boyfriend's favorite. It was nice to sit upstairs. It felt as if we were eating outside (with all the windows open) without all the bugs. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Visited June 2014
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for stopping by twice in one day! Hope we will see you the next time you are in Wellfleet!
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Great lobster roll”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love this place for lobster rolls. I like having one to go. Very generous portions and will be happy to go back...

Visited June 2014
Thank you!
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Hard to give a restaurant that serves on paper plates five stars, but it comes close.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you can overlook the paper plates, plastic utensils and ordering at a counter Moby Dick's deserves five stars. The food is OUTSTANDING! I had a dozen "Wellfleet" oysters that were perfect in every way. The lobster chowder was beyond reproach. The lobster roll was perfect as were the french fries. The iced tea was great. The table service was attentive (they serve the counter ordered meals). The Key Lime was as good as the best I've ever eaten in Florida and believe me I've eaten plenty.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
RadarGuyCT, Thank you for your review and kind words. We really appreciate it!
“WOW!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My first visit to Cape Cod this weekend... and this place is just wonderful. Very fast service, clean place, and my grilled shrimp and scallops.... it was just amazing... really nice place, I would recommend to everyone to stop here for a bite :-)

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Zuzana, Thank you for stopping at Mobys and for your comments. How did you find out about us?