“Delicious food and pretty outdoor room for dining” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Delicious food and pretty outdoor room for dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We had a very enjoyable dinner. We started with the salad bar(one trip) for $5.50 each. The salad bar had many options-plenty of fresh vegetables. I had the bistro size salmon with potato and vegetable. It was very fresh and tasty. My husband had the seafood linguini- shrimp, scallops, halibut. He enjoyed his too. We passed on dessert- too full. In addition we had very good service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome stuffed shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a place that I make sure to go to every time I'm on the cape. The service is always great and the food is always consistent. I always get the filet with baked stuffed shrimp. The seafood stuffing is my favorite. Although I believe this visit the portions of both our meals seemed a bit smaller but that's ok, it's still enough.

“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Best chowder on the cape. Nice menu. Price is reasonable. Atmosphere is quite welcoming staff very nice.

Visited August 2014
Grafton, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We dined at Von Rensselear's with a party of six. Wait time was pretty good. Service was attentive. We were on the patio, and management came out and turned on a heater as it was breezy as the sun went down. Food was good, only was not happy but it was to personal taste than quality. We will definitely return.

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fanastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Read the reviews and decided to give Van Renssalaer's a try. The food was fantiastic! Great Chowder, the fresh fish choices of the day are prepared various ways. My wife enjoyed the Striped Bass made with a delicious lobster hash. I had the lobster stuffed baked shrmip, which was some of the best I have ever had. Food presentation was top notch. Dinners range in the $25 - $30 range but well worth it. Service was great. If you are seeking a great dining experience while on the Cape, give this place a try.

• Visited July 2014