“Best dining on day 5 of 6 day trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Best dining on day 5 of 6 day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Our meal, including the location, the interior atmosphere, and, of course, the food, was exquisite. The blend of flavors in the bluefish entree, the catch of the day during my visit, played a warm tune for my taste buds, with its mix of garlic and pesto sitting atop a puff of smooth mashed potatoes. My spouse's scallop, shrimp and clam combo over a part of linguini received her praise. Lastly, the specially printed children's menu offered less interesting but satisfying options for my 6 and 8 year olds (mozzarella sticks and buttered pasta). It's a great place. Taste the risk.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Never disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Every year we vacation in the Cape Cod and go to this restaurant at least twice a week for lunch or dinner.they have the best salad bar, the food is excellent great lobster dinner,never being disappointed.We know this place for many years and found it to be one of the best in the area.
They changed the menu a little but for the better.the food is fresh and well prepared my husband always love their scallops very soft and in a light sauce,I like the salmon and the vegetables are fresh and not overcooked,great italian dishes,service is very good the staff are very pleasant and professional they attend to kids very well always fit their needs. The price is very reasonable,desserts are average not bad at all. We will go back the coming summer again.

• Visited August 2012
albany ny
“expensive breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went for breakfast and tried the buffet. It was good but not great. It had a lot of options, the usual eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and fruit. We ordered coffee and juice. Our bill was $36 plus tip for two. Coffee and juice were not included in the buffet price. Service was good, the waitress was friendly and attentive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Great food, great service, but needs a little updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a nice dinner at Van Rensselaer's Restaurant in the middle of June. The food was excellent, the service we received was exceptional--we even had the owner walk to our table and ask if we were happy with everything. I observed that she was approaching other tables and checking on them as well. I had the "today's catch"--swordfish and picked the Coastal New England preparation. My husband had the same preparation for his bluefish. Both entrees were outstanding, my swordfish was cooked perfectly, but needed some salt. The place seemed very clean and the tables were set up with a lot of care. However, the décor of the restaurant felt old and reminded me of 1980's. Also, the menu, though good, did not surprise me with anything; there was nothing unexpected, no element of surprise. I noticed, that we were the youngest customers in the restaurant (and we are in our 30's and 40's!), so the owners may cater to an older crowd. However, with a little bit of updating and spicing up the menu, this could be a great restaurant for a crowd of any age.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fiskdale, Massachusetts
“My kids liked it too!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Found this place by chance. well eorrth it. Everything was great! Clean, service, salad bar. All yummy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food