“Excellent Salad” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Restaurant, Coffee Shop, Chocolate Factory, Gift Gallory
West Virginia
“Excellent Salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I had a salad with fruit and pecans that was really good. After dinner I had a couple pieces of chocolate (expensive) that were also good. The parking lot next door was convenient.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Md
“Great for Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The day was cold so we started with Hot Chocolate & Cappucino; then moved on to an appetizer, hot soups & sandwiches--all of which was delicious. The service was prompt & friendly. In a town with few good choices this is a nice little gem!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Titusville, Florida
“This is not a "restaurant"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Me and my girlfriend visited this place about 2 months ago in November it was a Saturday believe it or not, parked in the empty parking lot and we were greeted to and even emptier "restaurant". Wasn't a single person in here eating about an hour after lunch time. Decided to give it a shot none the less. Waitress was an older lady. Don't recall her name, anyways we ordered drinks. We both got waters. The water tasted as if it came straight out of an unfiltered hose in my back yard. You know what, Ok that's fine let's just order our food. My girlfriend got the pear and berry salad. As we often eat at bubba gump's in Orlando at city walk. Funny to see this place has ripped off one of there iconic salads to call there own. And I ordered a Ruben. Sat around waited around 10-15 minutes to receive our food which I might add. We were still the ONLY ones in this place. My girlfriends salad oh where to begin.. the spring mix was refrigerator burnt, soggy and wilted. The "fresh" strawberrys and pears were soggy, soft and disgusting and it was served with a raspberry dressing that had been sitting so long the oil had separated and was just floating grossly on top. My sandwich was cold. Small portions, microwaved and served with a small bit of pre made potato salad. Everything about this place was nasty. Even the dull dusty, dollar store dining room decorations. i didn't complain to anyone. Didn't feel like dealing with anyone. Just paid my 22$ bill and I'll never be back here. And neither should you.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Titusville, Florida
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I visited this "caffe" on a very nice December Saturday with not high expectations but to just have a good meal with my wife. As we seated we were greeted by an elderly heavy set women with a brown shirt on, she asked us if we were from around this area and we stated that we had lived in town for a few years. She seemed rather unpleasant but when we asked what she suggested on the menu she instructed us to get 2 items that weren't even on the menu. She said something about a steak philly sandwich, which really peaked my interest being a Pennsylvania native, but when I scanned the menu there was no steak philly but something called a steak chipotle wrap. "Ok I thought to myself, maybe this is what she was talking about." So when our actual waitress came over I asked for this so called phily steak and she told me about the steak chipotle that I had read about, I ordered that while my wife ordered a quiche Lorraine. About 35 minutes later we got our food, which was rather cold to the touch in the middle but blazing hot on the outside as if microwaved, but I gave my wrap a big first bite and wished I hadn't. Everything that was inside this wrap had to be made in a microwave or I need a serious taste bud evaluation. My "fresh fruit" as a side looked as though the freshness left the building the previous week, the grapes were as soggy as can be, the pineapple was orange and mushy, and the what I'm going to guess was cantaloupe must have fallen into the pickle juice. I asked my wife how her quiche was and she stated that it was ice cold and was falling apart, it already lost half the crust missing when it got to the table, and her fruit was from the same batch as mine. The next time our waitress came to the table we quickly asked for our check so we could leave as soon as possible and go get some edible food. When we got to the counter the same elderly women in the brown shirt attempted to ring us up but had a real tough time trying to run the computer and went to get someone that I guess knew how to operate the computer. While I was paying the check my wife went to the restroom and when she was returning to the front of the store she was looking at some of the "awards" that the caffe has won. She showed me two newspaper articles which looked like they were printed off a computer with a cheap Microsoft office program and just hung on the wall. If someone asked me if they should visit this establishment i would tell them to save their money and go to Sunrise Bread Company in the back parking lot though, don't try and park at the caffe though, they have plenty of signs saying that the parking lot is for caffe customers only. A bit of overcompensating if you ask me reserving a whole parking lot for that place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Service Sucks!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Food takes forever. And service here is the worst! I will not eat there anymore! Went in with my daughter and waitress was the worse I ever had. Did not get the order right, I had to wait for 30 minutes to get someone to the table. No coffee refills, I won't be back to this expensive place. See for yourself.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huey_13, Owner at Caffe Chocolat, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We apologize if your service was lacking on your recent visit. Customer care is one of our top priorities. We trust that you will understand that even our best employees can have an off day, but we do strife for consistency and quality service. Again, our apologies.