“Cheap and Cheerful!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lerwick, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great place to stay. I found it disabled friendly, I was able to get around in my wheelchair no problem between my room and the breakfast room. Very fairly priced for what you get and to top it all lovely friendly staff!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for the labor day weekend, and was very pleased with everything. Room was clean no smells or mold, like someone else had complained about. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was good with a decent selection of items. Didn't have time to visit the pool but it looked clean. We will defiantly stay here again with out a doubt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We used the Space Shuttle Inn as a one night stop over before visiting Kennedy Space Centre. It is located is a great place, very easy to find and close to the Space Centre.

The room was good and clean.

Breakfast was continental, good choice and nice dining area.

Would definitely use again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel was ok. Not great. Thought it was a hotel with one building and a number of floors with rooms about the reception but it was more of a motel you find in the movies. I was on ground floor where anyone could walk past and I felt unsafe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice big clean room. Staff were friendly and nice and quite location off the main road. Would stay here again if we had to. Not far from everything we needed. Would recommend it to others.
********* ********** *********

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oxfordshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for a night in early August 2013 with my wife and two daughters after a busy day at the Kennedy Space Centre.

The receptionist was very friendly and helped us settle in. We'd booked online but everything was ready for us when we arrived quite late following a launch at the KSC!

The hotel is a typical 'motel' style establishment with outside doors and landings, but we felt safe and we had been placed in a quiet corner of the complex.

The room was comfortable and clean, and was just what we needed following our busy day.

Special mention to the breakfast room, and the lovely lady who supplied us with bagels, toast, pancakes, cereals and coffee that set us up perfectly for our drive up to St. Augustine.

Overall, a solid choice - very good value for money. The hotel is not a luxury resort but it ticks all the right boxes for the price you're paying.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the far side of the complex.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I admit, I was skeptical of this hotel because of the great price ($49/night). HOWEVER, I cannot say enough great things about this motel. The staff, Cindy, Fia, Kristy and Betty are absolutely wonderful people. Everyone was so kind during my stay (which was during a difficult time due to my father passing away). The room was great and the beds, oh so comfortable. The best part, for me, was the fact I could bring my Chocolate Lab to stay as well (only $10/night). The breakfast was great and you just cannot get a better value. I hate to even add a criticism but there was no microwave in the room. Please note, I am in absolutely no way affiliated with this hotel, but simply, a COMPLETELY satisfied customer who will be returning to this hotel when I come down to finalize my father's affairs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to Best Western Space Shuttle Inn? Share your experiences!