“Mexican and Cuban? It Works” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Landstuhl, Germany
“Mexican and Cuban? It Works”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My initial reaction is to stay away from restaurants that try to do too much. Fortunately El Leoncito does a pretty good job of living up to the billing. I pretty much stick with the Cuban fare (it’s easier to find Mexican restaurants) and really like the Palomilla steak dish with plantains. Can a margarita be Cuban? ‘cause I like the margarita with my Cuban steak.

Visited December 2013
chaparral32780, Public Relations Manager at El Leoncito Mexican and Cuban Restaurant, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for writing us a review! The combination may seem odd to some but the reason we offer both Cuban and mexican cuisine is because Miguel Sanchez was born in Cuba and his wife Bertha is from Mexico. We did not start offering Cuban food until many years after opening but because there is no Cuban food in this area we could not resist. It allows customers to always exchange side items at no cost for something they like as well. The options are endless!

the Berkshires
“bland, cold food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had dinner at El Leoncito last night, a cool,misty evening. Place was fairly crowded, they seated us on the patio, next to the parking lot with a view of a nearby gas station. It was chilly and dark, only the ambient light from the parking lot and what little seeped out from the bar inside. The food might have been good, had it not been cold. The best part of the meal was the cup of black beans. I had Palomilla, a Cuban steak dish, my husband had Picadillo, a sort of ground beef casserole. Both were served with excellently-flavored rice, which was also not hot. A comment: don't seat people out in the cold and dark on a rainy night, they won't be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
I am sorry you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. The outside patios have never been a section that we automatically seat. It is only by request seating or as you mentioned since it was busy we will ask that way you can get sat sooner so I am unsure how you were seated out there if you did not want to be. Did they not ask you before being sat? Please email me regarding the situation so I can address this with my staff. Thank you. Mike@elleoncito.com
Ottawa, Ontario
“Great Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I ate here and were very impressed. There was a large line up, but we were still seated quickly. The staff were very friendly and our food came quickly. The food was excellent and everything tasted very fresh. The homemade salsa and chips were an excellent starter. It was also very inexpensive.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa, Florida
“Excellent! Best place to eat in Titusville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Love the atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. The salsa is the best I have ever had! My experience at the El Leoncita is always a good one. The food is amazing. If your in the area you should check it out.

Boulder, Colorado
“Great Cuban food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stopped here for dinner but arrived in time for happy hour. We started off with super margaritas. Yummy. We then decided to have their picadillo criollo which I just happen to make at home. My husband and I both commented that "it was as good as I make." That was the best comment we could give since we've loved my picadillo for years. The plantains, rice and black beans to accompany the tomato spiced chopped meat were excellent. Truly great value. The service was good as well. Yes, definitely a place worth eating at.

• Visited November 2013