“Not a friendly reception” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Titusville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pembroke Pines FL, United States
“Not a friendly reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Reception not friendly, we arrived at about 1130 AM and the lady at reception first communication was: -You know you are early? Check in is at 3PM! Let me have your drivers' license and you AARP card. - What for? I'm never asked for my drivers’ license at hotels, just my credit card - Well we do here. I just need to make sure that you are you, for your own protection, sir. (I understand all this, but there are ways and ways to deal with guests and explain things . I also deal with clients myself and her way was way out and not welcoming and smiling and friendly at all). That ruined our welcome; I was going to ask her for some information. But her attitude made me not want to deal with her anymore I arrived there on October 25 at aprox 11:30AM and checked out on the 27th. Other people have complained about this here, maybe they encountered the same person. The other people were very nice. The service goes to poor only for that person.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa M, Manager at Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! I apologize that you were not extremely satisfied with your recent stay. We are always trying to grow as a team and provide our guests with superior accommodations and services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lebanon, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Just had a very comfortable stay at this hotel, which is very clean (spotless) and quiet. There is some minor construction near the lobby area which caused no inconvenience whatsoever- I only mention this because it is noticeable from the reception desk but shouldn't keep anyone from staying here- its probably a very temporary situation. The breakfast, which is included in the cost of the room, is probably the best I've ever had at a hotel- hot eggs, bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. I highly recommend this hotel for single travelers or families and will definitely return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Melissa M, Manager at Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I want to thank you for your wonderful review! You are absolutely right, we are only in a temporary situation. We have already replaced guest room and hallway carpet, tile flooring, and we are on the tail end of updating our breakfast area, front desk, fitness center and business center. We are expecting completion of all areas by the 2nd week of November. Please let us know what you think of the finished product the next time you are in town!
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hotel was clean and under renovation. Kudos for working to renovate hotel. Dominic (GM), Rick, Sarah and housekeeping staff friendly and all assets. However, Rosanne (FD) unfriendly and uncaring to guests of hotel. I definitely would stay at this hotel in the future. If you are looking for a gem in the Titusville area, look no further you have found it with this Hampton Inn. Even though a small drive to our destination of Daytona Beach the drive took under one hour.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Christine for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your way to Daytona Beach. I am happy to hear that you had many good experiences with our staff, and I apologize if you did not receive the same kind of service from everyone during your stay. Next time you are in the area please stop in and see the final renovations!
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed in this Hilton brand hotel in Titusville for only one night for rocket launch in last July. Hotel is quite out-dated and needs to be taken to this century. Reception was polite when we arrived but later when staff changed, style was more like Hilton brand and was friendly. We were notified as customers then.

We got a room which was just beside of smoking one and I think that smoke has done its job for years now in this room too. Not very fresh you know. And then our fridge didn´t work at all. Hotel was not able to fix it or change it for us and when we asked for another room, only one smoking room was available. So we decided to stay in this room without fridge and enjoy our freshments warm. Hotel staff offered us to get cold water from reception any time we need. That was nice and we used that offer several times of course.

Btw, if you ever come to same situation, plastig bag, carbage can and half full of ice is a solution ;)

Breakfast was standard like in any other Hamtpton Inn but with one exception. After watching great Atlas V launch early morning we managed to get breakfast when there was nearly no one arounf anymore. So our morning moment was very quiet and cozy. And breakfast waitress and/or cook lady was taking care of us as friendly as ever :)
After one night I can´t say no more about this hotel. It filled it´s purpose and we are gone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. You will be happy to know that we are currently under renovations to update the hotel. If you come for another rocket launch please stop by and let us know what you think!
North NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

From the moment my wife and I walked in the staff made us feel like family. The entire staff was always made us feel welcome and were always on the money with their dinner reservations. The Manager of the Hotel was also very helpful. The breakfasts & the cookies and coffee in the evenings was a great touch.

Room Tip: If on the first floor by the breakfast area ask to be moved.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dominic F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Titusville.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms are clean and everything works. The breakfast is good with lots of selection. Its in a quiet area but close to food and the interstate. I would recommend it especially for business travelers. Check in is quick and everyone is professional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Melissa M, Manager at Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will share your comments with our team as I know they will enjoy reading it. Thank you again.
Harleston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is just your average Hampton Inn. The staff on the front desk were not very good in the evening, in fact the two Women stood outside smoking, not a great advert for the company.
Rooms were OK but looked tired.
Breakfast was not great either, ran out of bacon.
Again not major wrong but just OK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! I apologize that you were not extremely satisfied while you were here. We are always trying to grow as a team and provide our guests with superior accommodations and services. The hotel is in the process of renovating parts of the hotel and guest rooms, the next time you are in the area please be sure to stop in and see all of our updates!

Been to Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center? Share your experiences!