“Hit and miss on their food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Titusville, Florida
“Hit and miss on their food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Strangely, I have had my best and worst meals at crackerjacks over the past couple of years. Fish tacos great, happy hours outside at the bar great....but then I've been served fish that was rank and smelled like ammonia. Only time I've sent food back. They handled it very politely and offered alternatives. Sitting on a fishing pier, not excuse for nasty seafood.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mims, Florida
“Great view of Intra-Coastal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very friendly staff. I was here for lunch. I had their Seafood Special sandwich. Was told they had halibut, but turns out they didn't, so I had to change to catfish. Was an okay sandwich and the pasta salad that came with it was pretty good, but nothing fancy. Table was dirty when we sat down, but they handled that quickly. Enjoyed the views, but like I said, food was nothing special. My wife says she loved her salad with chicken.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
New Castle, Delaware
“Great place to hang with the locals!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I went to hang with the locals and eat 'gator tail". The gator tail was delicious! Bartender, April, was awesome. She makes a great Bay Breeze. We sat at the bar for awhile chatting with the locals and some not so local. Then we moved to the picnic tables for a light bite. The views were amazing and so was the sunset. Afterwards, we went for a walk along the docks. There we met 2 'shrimpers'. They were friendly and explained how they shrimped. We even saw them caught a few shrimp. I would definitely go back.

London, Canada
“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went here on visit with my parents who highly recommend the place. Nice location on the water and a cool tiki bar outside. They have a $3.00 margarita special so I tried it and it was one of the better margaritas I've had. The food was standard bar style food, with a good mix of seafood on it, but what was really bad was the cleanliness. My menu had a huge sticky spill on the back of it and one of the empty dinner plates that came out had old food stuck to it too. Not much of an apology from our server on either item, just an uneasy laugh. If I get back down there again I'd try it again to see if that's how it really is or we caught them on a bad day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, KY
“Good food, nice service but easy to miss if you aren't looking for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was traveling with my brother and parents on our way to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, but we wanted to get some lunch in Titusville beforehand. All of the places we saw along US 1 up to the road to Merritt Island were either closed or fast food. My brother spotted Crackerjacks from a nearby park (he noted the packed parking lot) so we drove over to this spot nestled under a causeway. The restaurant sign was a VW van parked along the side of the access road...well painted but a non-local would miss it if they weren't looking for it.
The restaurant has an outdoor bar and an indoor dining area. The bar was packed with people but the dining area wasn't crowded at the time (Sunday 6 April at 3:30 pm).
The lunch prices were reasonable and the portion sizes were larger than I expected.
My brother ordered an appetizer sampler which included cocount shrimp, conch fritters, garlic cheese bread and some sort of sausage balls. The conch fritters were okay (my brother liked them so it may be a matter of taste) but my dad and brother thought the coconut shrimp were some of the best they had ever eaten.
I ordered bay scallops and they filled half of an oval platter (my side was tasty, fresh sugar snap peas). My mom also got the scallops and we both liked them. My dad purchased sea bass but was somewhat disappointed. My brother, however, enjoyed the fish tacos he purchased.

If I were back in the area and was hungry I would go back to Crackerjacks.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere