“THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Titusville, Florida, United States
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Atmosphere, service, quality of excellent food served and presented promptly. Will do special orders. All male wait staff properly dressed as waiters. Charming host and hostess who do not have an alcohol licence so we can bring our own !
Other establishments could learn from Chef Larry&Gwen, owners.

Visited December 2012

Florida's Space Coast
“I agree with reviewer CKB05 from Cocoa Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The only thing spectacular about this restaurant is the price, which is very low. However, the food is indeed mediocre at best. Interesting that Chef Larry used to be a chef for a hospital, as this is what the food tastes like: hospital food. I decided to have the prime rib, and my husband had the tilapia, preceded by the tomato soup. This was literally the worst tomato soup either of us has ever eaten. Campbells does a better job! The tilapia was good, and in fact was one of the few things that was actually cooked properly and very tasty. The prime rib (if that really was what it was) was a very poor cut of meat, thin, tough, and fatty.......smothered in gravy. Seriously, who coats their prime rib with gravy? We decided to have a couple of desserts afterward and they were really good. Turns out that Larry's sister (or sister-in-law) owns a bakery and she is the one providing the restaurant with them. One of the best parts of the meal and it was not even prepared by Chef Larry.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Affordable gourmet food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just ate last night at Chef Larry's and was exceptionally impressed; especially when considering the unbelievable prices. First thing, you must bring cash and they serve no alcohol. Notwithstanding, they allow you to bring your own wine or beer. Frankly, I am an frequent diner to top restaurants throughout the world. The rating above represents the cost and location of the meal. For Titusville and in the price range it deserves an EXCELLENT. Moreover, the service staff is well train and very efficient without being intrusive. Furthermore, the food is of high standard. For example, my prime rib, although a little fatty, was delicious and extremely well-priced at $12, which includes a wonderfully homemade soup and a petite salad with divine homemade dressing. Additionally, the $4 crab appetitize was but a mere bit but nonetheless great and the $4 desert was very good. How Chef Larry does it for the price is a great mystery.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Mediocre, at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Just went there with another couple and had the Thanksgiving dinner which had been written up in the local paper. I read these other reviews and felt that we must have gone to the wrong Chef Larry's or something! The cranberry sauce was plopped on the table with no spoon to use with it and we finally asked if it was for the 4 tiny little bread balls that were placed on the table shortly after that. No bread plates, no utensil for 4 people....just a little bowl and a small plate with 4 little bland, lukewarm "rolls". Next came the apple butternut squash soup which came to the table barely lukewarm. Might have been tasty if hot, but we will never know. Who puts soup in a bowl that clearly came out of the fridge? Server had to be reminded twice to refill our friend's coffee cup. The tiny dab of green salad was good, though. Entree was mediocre. One ice cream scoop of "mashed" sweet potatoes which were stringy and cold, one ice cream scoop of stuffing which was just okay, one ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes that were just so-so, vegetable medley of green beans, corn and carrots that I didn't even bother to try since a few of the beans had a left-over look while the other two beans looked fresh. The turkey was so-so but I had to pick out tendons out of mine and the beef brisket was absolutely full of globs of fat!! My friend got ham and while one chunk looked like real ham, the other piece looked like processed ham steak. To top it off............they never tell you until the end that they do not accept credit cards. Cash only!! Luckily, between the two couples, we came up with enough cash.............we always use credit cards. We saw others scrambling for cash. Seriously?!? Tell people this when they make the reservation, okay? Needless to say, we will not return. I suggest the guy just drop the "Chef" part of the name and call it what it is.............."Larry's DIner"!! We all decided our Thanksgiving dinner together turned into an "adventure", came home and opened a bottle of wine ( they don't serve wine there) and laughed about the whole thing...........but none of us will ever go back there!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best. Burger. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I am a sucker for a big, juicy, homemade burger. Which is extremely hard to find unless I'm actually making it at home. Then I discovered this place.. I work just blocks away so I eat here too often! I've never tried anything else because I don't want to miss an opportunity for my favorite burger in the world! My coworkers rave about the southwest chicken and just about everything else on the menu though. Make sure you go with cash (you only need $5 for lunch) and your appetite. This burger is somethin serious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere