“good times!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 15 Activities in Titusville
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Amazing Skydiving :)
Cocoa, Florida
“good times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

super fun and friendly people! Of course we were nervouse about skydiving but the staff made us feel very confident that they knew what they were doing! We had a great time and got video of everything also....a must try!!!!

Glasgow
53 attraction reviews
“Once in a lifetime experience !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

After years of listening to my girlfriend saying she would love to skydive I booked the 18000 feet jump as a surprise for her and myself.

Any contact back and forth with questions I had was really easy by email and Chris is fantastic at the centre.

We were collected and dropped back off at our hotel on international drive at a cost of $75 each return which isn't to bad considering the distance and how easy it was. Our driver was great fun and full of stories that distracted from what was about to happen. Sadly the driver had never actually done a skydive so couldn't answer questions about skydiving from experience but he was a great guy.

On arrival at the centre you are required to sign a load of forms as you would expect. To be honest I read the first few statements then initialled the rest which probably wasn't wise and don't recommend anyone else do it.

From signing the paperwork you are then walked into the hanger where you meet your tandem skydiver who kits you out and talks you through the process (10 minutes maximum). At this stage your experience will depend on who you are paired with. I had someone who wouldn't answer my questions seriously and I got a bit peeved off with him but he was a good guy. My girlfriend got an older jumper and he was fantastic and very professional. During your time in the hanger you will be interviewed for your film and introduced to your camera man.

After about 15 minutes of waiting you are guided onto the plane and this is when you start to feel a bit nervous. The journey to 18ooo feet will take about 10 minutes and I did feel a little sick but not sure if this was the plane or my nerves.

At 18000 feet a small light will indicate jump time and you can only imagine the rest. I have never enjoyed anything as much as falling through the sky at such a speed. All worries are gone and what will be will be. I loved the free fall until the parachute opened and I had the sudden feeling I was going to be sick. My jumper got me down as quick as possible and don't thing this is all to uncommon as going from over 100mph to about 30mph will do that.

I originally only wanted to get the freefall video but was talked into buying the more expensive video and this was were I feel a little conned. The cheaper video is the freefall and landing the expensive video includes the parachute coming down. As I didn't feel well I was rushed down and very little video was captured. When the video was complete I watched a few seconds to check it was me in the video and only seen the final video when I got home a few weeks later. To my shock I had literally 5 seconds of the parachute footage which cost me about $60. If I had checked at the time I would have wanted a refund.

Apart from the overpriced video I would do it again tomorrow. The experience was fantastic and had no long waiting times like some other reviews suggested but this could have been due to me jumping at 9am on a Monday morning.

Visited July 2012
Sebring, Florida
“Professional company eases your nerves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Needless to say, one should be scared prior to jumping out of an airplane 18,000 feet above the earth. The Skydive Space Center were so professional, that when I arrived, my fear was greatly eased.
After you sign about 12 pages of paperwork, you head out to the hangar. They will call your name when it's time to meet your tandem jump instructor and get strapped up. Then it's just a waiting game.
(Side note: When you board the plane, make sure to be aware of how strong the prop blast is - it almost knocked me off my feet!)
As the plane climbed to altitude, I saw the turquoise coast of Florida, the space shuttle runway and two shuttle launch pads. Soon after, the light is turning green and your standing at the edge of the plane. It looks so much farther down when you're actually up there; pictures and video do no do it justice.
When you jump, it does feel like falling, until you get stabilized. The force of the wind as you fall through the sky makes it hard to breathe. It seemed like 45 seconds in, the instructor pulled the parachute which jolts you pretty hard. It's easier to relax here as the instructor loosens your straps and lets you steer the parachute a few times. When I got to the ground, my body was so weak from experiencing such an adrenaline rush; I felt tired the rest of the day.

If you choose to get a video made, it takes about 20-30 minutes, after which you can use one of two TVs they have to watch it before you leave.

All in all, it was a great experience by a very fun, but professional, company!

Visited April 2012
Sanford, Florida
“DON'T go anywhere else!!! You won't be able to see NASA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

OMG! You guys are the best!

Today was my 4th jump with the Spacecenter. I'm still flying even though my feet are on the ground!!!!!! If you are thinking of going anyplace else.... DON'T!! Nothing beats looking at the Atlantic Ocean and the Intercoastal waters while your climbing to 15k or 18k. Nowhere else can you fly right over the top of Kennedy Space Center! The ENTIRE staff, From Chris in reservations, to the jumpmasters, to the pilot of your rocket!, is fantastic, professional, and FUN. The video packages are awsome and I highly recommend getting one. I have posted mine on youtube , and I watch it all the time. It's the best way to relive the experience. (Believe me, my husband is tired of seeing it, and my 5 year old is always saying that "mommies head is in the clouds!!")
They have always put safety first, while making my whole experience as exciting as the first. The initial safety briefing was easy and fun and put my mind at ease. The plane ride up is as exciting as the jump! The view is just as breathtaking as the butterflies in my stomach. My jump master Justin, was Great! Since it was my 4th jump, we got a little crazy with turns in the air. But that was only because I asked! I'll be back for a 5th time. Thanks so much for giving this 40 year old mom, the rush of her life.......AGAIN!!!!!

PS.. you can see the vid at youtube---Heidis first skydive space center Fl 18k feet

Heidi Cortassa, Sanford, Florida

Visited January 2012
“Rip of place , stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

Recently booked a jump for 3 people and paid deposit of 75 dollars. Asked the girl how far Kissimmee was from the jump place. She told me it was over an hours drive and would call or email me way before that time in case the weather turned bad. Jump was for 10am so awoke that morning and checked email at 9am as I left to drive there. Nothing so drove down. After numerous tolls and long drive we arrived only to find the place deserted and a girl there who said place was closed due to cloudy weather. She said we should of received email and call to say not to come. There was nothing. Girl there didn't look surprised and said welcome to my world !! We asked for refund of deposit back and were told yes no problem. 4 phone calls from ireland to them and numerous emails and still no refund. They claim they gave a refund the day after the jump but I have checked with my bank and no such thing. This was over 2 weeks ago. Would not recommend this place to anyone. They are a complete rip off. You will NOT get your money back even if it's there fault and admit to that.

Nardidivolante, Manager at Skydive Space Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We appreciate your review. As you may know, we can't control the weather in Florida. We won't sacrifice our 100% safety record to push the envelope with the weather. When everybody makes their reservation, we take a 25.00, non refundable deposit. This is to insure that the customer will show up. We are a very popular place ( With the World's Highest Jumps!) and we need to male sure we reserve your time slot. All customers are told that the deposit is non refundable. If they don't get to jump on their scheduled day because of weather, they NEVER lose their deposit. We hold it until they can come back and jump. We don't do this because we want to keep the deposit, we just want the customer to come back and not miss out on the greatest experience they will ever have. We understand the dissapointment when someone can't jump on their special day due to weather, and we always do everything we can to give returning customers priorty when they do return for their jump. Because I don't know who left this review I can't call them and arrange a time for them to return. They may have already returned and jumped.