“Great Vietnamese food, quick, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #517 of 4,043 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Vietnamese
reno
“Great Vietnamese food, quick, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Eating in Mira Mesa can sometimes be such a disaster due to the commute if you don't live there, not this place. I love that it is at an intersection, ample parking, easy access. No stress to get there and eat authentic Vietnamese food where everyone is Vietnamese. The waiters are so friendly they even try to help us learn the language. They are fast and efficient. The food is very true to low fat, low grease, tasty Vietnamese. The decor is basic, there are boba drinks, viet coffee, as well as standard Pho, Goi Cuon. Filling and affordable.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

So Cal
“Good as always, but some of the workers, meh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I've came to this PCD since 2008, by accident sort of to watch the fireworks on the 4th at the high school, and obviously, this place was the one to eat at (Being Asian from the SGV). This would be the go-to place for my family for pho in SD. Only one minor issue today, was that we didn't receive our Bi Guon though we were charged. I think this was the waiter's fault, as the owner and guys at the front were cool to take it off because we didn't get it. We'll always keep coming here since they've always kept the quality like that in LA and OC. Glad to see them have more than one location in SD...I should've tried their Santee location back in October, but ended up at a wannabe Pho place owned by non-Vietnamese SMH.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
1,358 helpful votes 1,358 helpful votes
“Good food and great service.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've been on an Asian food kick lately and trying out several in the San Diego area. My friend said they had decent Vietnamese food here so we met here and the place was absolutely packed. (That's always a good sign....and mostly packed with Asians).

The service was really great. They quickly gave menus and ice water without asking for it. My friend ordered some less ordered soup and the waitress was really great. She told him it has a really distinct flavor and asked him if he wanted a sample before ordering a large one.

I was really impressed with that. So they brought him over a small sample of the soup (which he liked).

The place is super affordable. I've had better quality Vietnamese food in other places but the food was decent and the service was excellent.

The place is pretty big but it stayed busy the entire time we were there. I'd definitely come back. It's good for a quick and affordable meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is one of our favorite Vietnamese restaurants in San Diego. We usually take out, but often we actually sit and eat. The service is fast and efficient. For take-out, I love that they give you water and lemon while you wait, and you don't even have to ask. Sometimes, I take my own containers for taking out the soup. Our favorite is the chicken Pho, and there are so many varieties--dark meat, white meat, or whatever. I have never been here without the place being full. I think the reasonable prices , and consistently good food,keep the customers returning. I once had a problem with a gift certificate, wrote the owner (found the information on-line), and was immediately contacted and the problem was solved.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Great value, good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is one of our favorite quick-meal restaurants. The serve staff is friendly and speak good English. The food is good, although some true Vietnamese critics said it lacks the authentic flavor. I come for lunch often with colleagues. Sometimes there was a queue, but it moved quickly. It is clean with modern bathroom. Yes, we judge a restaurant on how clean the bathroom is...

• Visited May 2012