“Delicious desserts” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Los Angeles
“Delicious desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a down to earth place with delicious desserts. Service is friendly. The ambiance is nice. Its location is in a nice neighborhood.

• Visited April 2013

San Diego
“AWESOME IN ONE BITE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have gotten to try 3 desserts from here and one coffee and all of them were amazing. They have a regular menu of desserts to choose from and then some that rotate so you wont find them there all the time. They are very fresh and extremely tasty. The coffee is very smooth and no bitter taste as with some coffees. Staff is very friendly. They have seating inside and out. Place does get busy though so expect a line.

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“The names says it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'm not a regular at Heaven Sent, but this is one of my two or three go to dessert establishments I do go to for that very special occasion I need a cake that knocks your socks off.

My fave is the white tres leches cake with strawberries. You could either order a slice or the whole cake. A bit pricey at around $50 but well worth it. When I looked on their current menu they didn't include it so it may now have to be special ordered. My wife is very fussy about cakes and she was absolutely blown away by their version. It was moist, flavorful and gorgeous. I will return and maybe try one of their other beautiful creations.

Parking can be a problem, but circle the block a couple of times or use the parking garage directly across the street.

• Visited September 2012
San Diego
“FABULOUS BREAD PUDDING & heartwarming story!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have eaten here a few times & it has been great! It's my go-to place to pop in & get a bunch of different desserts to bring to a dinner party! Not only does Heaven Sent make my job easy but I become the hit of any dinner party with their yummy treats! No matter what your level of sweet tooth, a dusting of sweet or a decadent heap, this place has your fix!
Just this past week I popped in for some treats for a dinner party & the owner was in there & asked me what we were having for dinner & suggested the bread pudding with a bourbon sauce. I brought a piece for everyone, although they were big enough to share, it ended up being a great idea because it gave us leftovers!
THE BREAD PUDDING IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EATEN!!! Just writing this review makes me crave some now! And every time I go into the store the staff are just as sweet as the desserts they make!
And what an amazing story of not just the bread pudding but the store in general! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
“Very tasty treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was in the North Park area and stopped by for a tasty treat. This place has a wide variety of desserts to choose from and they all look great. I chose the Strawberry Orange Tart and it was great. I will definitely come back. The service and atmosphere was great.

• Visited February 2013