“AWESOME IN ONE BITE” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
San Diego
“AWESOME IN ONE BITE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have gotten to try 3 desserts from here and one coffee and all of them were amazing. They have a regular menu of desserts to choose from and then some that rotate so you wont find them there all the time. They are very fresh and extremely tasty. The coffee is very smooth and no bitter taste as with some coffees. Staff is very friendly. They have seating inside and out. Place does get busy though so expect a line.

• Visited April 2013

96% Recommend
“The names says it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'm not a regular at Heaven Sent, but this is one of my two or three go to dessert establishments I do go to for that very special occasion I need a cake that knocks your socks off.

My fave is the white tres leches cake with strawberries. You could either order a slice or the whole cake. A bit pricey at around $50 but well worth it. When I looked on their current menu they didn't include it so it may now have to be special ordered. My wife is very fussy about cakes and she was absolutely blown away by their version. It was moist, flavorful and gorgeous. I will return and maybe try one of their other beautiful creations.

Parking can be a problem, but circle the block a couple of times or use the parking garage directly across the street.

• Visited September 2012
San Diego
“FABULOUS BREAD PUDDING & heartwarming story!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have eaten here a few times & it has been great! It's my go-to place to pop in & get a bunch of different desserts to bring to a dinner party! Not only does Heaven Sent make my job easy but I become the hit of any dinner party with their yummy treats! No matter what your level of sweet tooth, a dusting of sweet or a decadent heap, this place has your fix!
Just this past week I popped in for some treats for a dinner party & the owner was in there & asked me what we were having for dinner & suggested the bread pudding with a bourbon sauce. I brought a piece for everyone, although they were big enough to share, it ended up being a great idea because it gave us leftovers!
THE BREAD PUDDING IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EATEN!!! Just writing this review makes me crave some now! And every time I go into the store the staff are just as sweet as the desserts they make!
And what an amazing story of not just the bread pudding but the store in general! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2013
“Very tasty treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was in the North Park area and stopped by for a tasty treat. This place has a wide variety of desserts to choose from and they all look great. I chose the Strawberry Orange Tart and it was great. I will definitely come back. The service and atmosphere was great.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
1,339 helpful votes 1,339 helpful votes
“Great desserts and good vibe....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I came here for the first time the other night. A friend introduced me to it after dinner at Urban Solace which is just a few doors down (great dinner). He told me that he actually preferred Extraordinary Desserts but he said it was good.

I had lunch today with my family and we were in the area so I decided to bring them here for a dessert after a light lunch at Cafe Chloe downtown.

Ironically, everything was much fresher the other night. Even though I went about 10:30 PM the other night it was fresher than today during the day. So not sure what is up with that. Still good but the other night it was really great.

The other night my friend got the carrot cake which was really great and I got a Strawberry Pastry with strawberries and cream and it was VERY good. That's actually why I decided to come back. But today they didn't have either.

Like another reviewer, the guy behind the counter seemed really uninterested. He was working alone so it was a bit backed up and it took a while to get served. I probably waited in line 10 minutes before getting my order taken. He seemed like he couldn't wait until his shift got over. To his defense maybe he was tired as he was all alone working.

My wife ordered the Tiramisu which was really fresh and good (she ate it all). I got some Peanut butter dessert which was good but a bit dry like maybe it was sitting out for a while. Didn't seem like the same quality as what I ate the other night. My daughter got a cupcake which was also good but a bit dry.

I'm still going to leave a "very good" review as it was really good the first time I came. I'm looking forward to checking out Extraordinary Desserts however.

All in all it's worth hitting if you're looking for some sweets after a dinner at one of the many places in the area.

Visited February 2013

Been to Heaven Sent Desserts? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Heaven Sent Desserts, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.