“Very laid back local flare ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #263 of 4,041 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
“Very laid back local flare ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

From Guy Fieris triple D show we decided to get a pie from luigis. How do I start, at first sight I second guessed my self, seeing the pizza by the slice behind a glass display case I wondered how fresh is this. Since the kids only wanted cheese pizza I ordered and they placed the pizza back in the oven and came out great, kids went back for seconds. My wife and I decide to order a whole pie which they gladly allowed to do half and half. First half el diablo, spicy not scorching hot, awesomeness. The second half, the crime scene, ricotta cheese heaven. Great food, great price and yea they serve beer.

89% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I loved it here! It's cash only. A great variety of choices to choose from. They don't make all the pizzas that are listed on top at once. You go in and see which pizzas are available and choose from there. They warm it up for you and it's just absolutely amazing. We got an $8 combo which comes with a 2 slices of pizza and a fountain drink. We sat outside bc we had my dog. There's a tiny parking lot behind the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bronx, New York
“NYC style pizza in Cali!?!?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

So this was my I think 3rd or 4th visit!! Last year I got to go here with my friends and wasn't too happy with the pizza, I didn't think it was sooooo amazing like they said it was, this year, totally changed my mind, omg the pizza was awesome, my friend has them make it was a ton of cheese and omg it is heaven!!!! This is a must go if you live here or are just visiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Love the all meat pizza but not a fan of the "spicy" pizza.... Always fresh, hot & great for your money's worth.... Overall a great atmosphere & it's my boyfriends fave spot.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Great pies.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love this place. Every time I visit SD, I make a special trip to Pizzeria Luigi for some special pie. I usually ask the counter person what he/she would recommend and I've never been disappointed. I also regularly get the Margherita pizza. The fresh basil and mozzarella are fantastic.

• Visited February 2013