“I cannot even describe how awesome this place is.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucky's Breakfast

Lucky's Breakfast
3804 Grim Ave, San Diego, CA (Formerly Golden Phenix)
(619) 297-2760
Update restaurant details
Ranked #941 of 3,982 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Asian
Portland, OR
“I cannot even describe how awesome this place is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was staying with friends in San Diego, and decided to try this place because it was within walking distance of their house. From the moment I walked in, I could tell we had made the right choice. It has Asian decor and a little old Asian man running the place. And he's amazing! He literally does everything from taking your order to cooking and serving it. The prices are incredibly cheap. It was only $20 for 4 of us to each order a breakfast plate plus hot cakes. And the food is great! The place is cash only, so bring cash, but you won't need a lot of it. And order something besides water as he pours it out of a water jug that looks like it's been refilled 20 times, possibly with old water from a bathtub. Oh, and my friend tried to order cheese on his hash browns and was told "No, I don't do that", which made us chuckle, especially after my other friend asked for cheese with his eggs and Lucky told him "okay". I seriously love this place. It has so much character and Lucky is awesome. I can't wait until I'm back in SD and can eat here again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Plano, Texas
“Great breakfast spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I cannot recommend the flapjack plate highly enough. I had it twice, wife had it once, friends wife had it twice. 2 eggs, 3 flapjacks and a meat choice. Very well cooked food. Great flapjacks! Gas Lamp district next door to Marriott Hotel.

Visited September 2012
London
“Handy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Was in San Diego for business and needed a quick bite to eat and stumbled upon this place. It was spot on. Fast, good food and reasonable price.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Neat little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food was excellent, cooked to order and plentiful. For being in a tourist area, the prices are really reasonable.

Visited May 2012