“Chocolate lovers unite!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Chocolate lovers unite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Their brunch on the weekends is super yummy. $14 for three choices off the menu (one main entree), or $16 for four. Choose from starters, desserts, or more. My sister and I split 4 which fed us perfectly, but for someone with a heartier appetite, go for your own plate. The chocolate here is to die for. I love the sea salt they add in. It gives it that sweet and savory combo. I wish the place was a little more "homey". The high ceilings and decor, plus the only windows being at the front, leave it feeling a little cold for such a feel good type of place. That's the only reason I gave it 4 stars....otherwise their food is 5 star worthy!

Visited August 2012

“Surprise in every bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is a must when in San Diego as they offer a very unique product, not just any chocolate.
Part of The World Cocoa Foundation and Fairtrade. In addition Eclipse maintains a "green" operation.
They often offer a new flavor. This is where my husband and I discovered sea salt and chocolate, yum!
I do not care for the chocolate "bars" as it just isn't my thing. We prefer all the other goodies such as truffles and other unique items they create on any given day.
Check out the Sunday brunch as they are now offering the most unique brunch in town, of course it includes chocolate.
Be daring a get a small started box then go back for what your taste are. This is how we have discovered many new taste.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Wonderful hand-made salted caramels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We discovered this place thanks to a Groupon we purchased. This shop makes wonderful hand-made chocolates, chocolate bars, brownies, and much more. What a great find. I think we'll be back to purchase gifts for family and friends (and maybe a few treats for ourselves).

Visited February 2012
San Diego
“Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We went here for desert, after having dinner somewhere else. I had a chocolate cupcake that was amazing. The richest chocolate desert I think I have ever had. We also had speciality coffees that were excellent.

The place is very casual. When we were there, there were also lots of college kids in attendance.

If you have a craving for chocolate, this is the place to go.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Best Chocolate Cupcake EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Went here to redeem a coupon for chocolate candy and was wonderfully surprised that they serve cupcakes. I LOVE cupcakes. I got the peanut butter which consisted of a wonderfully moist vanilla cake with an infusion of peanut butter that reminded me of the inside of a Reese's peanut butter cup. The chocolate frosting was delightfully rich but not so thick as to be overwhelming. I had to go back the next day to try the caramel chocolate cupcake. It was crazy good. Moist chocolate cake with an infusion of caramel and the same rich chocolate frosting. Hands down the best chocolate cupcake I have ever had. And I have had a LOT. Oh, and the chocolate candy I got with my coupon was incredibly good too. Highly recommend you stop and this small shop. Bet the hot chocolate would be fabulous.

Visited January 2012