“Japanese Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,278 of 4,093 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
San Diego, CA
“Japanese Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Delicious Japanese cuisine in a nice quiet ambiance. Traditional Japanese favorites are available. I lived in Japan for 1.5 years and whenever I feel homesick, I scurry on over there for some treats. My kids love it, my husband never complains, and the service is usually good. If you have a lot of little ones, request one of the small private rooms so you don't disturb other guests.They do close early which is the only detriment.

Visited August 2012

San Diego, California
“FRESH SUSHI!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

very unique sushi rolls !!! a more intimate restaurant/sushi bar. not loud at all. good for families too. good sushi restaurants are hard to find. i suggest giving this one a try. a bit pricey but worth it.

Visited March 2012
farmington, arkansas
“WOnderful sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

even the take out presentation was great and of course, the sushi is delicious and fresh

Visited April 2012
San Diego, CA
“My favorite sushi place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is one of my favorite local Japanese restaurants. We eat here about once a month. My family and I typically order both sushi and a dinner combination (teriyaki and tempura for my son). They use real crab here, so the rolls are delicious. They are also very family friendly, so my 4 year old son really likes coming here.

Visited March 2012
San Diego, California
“Best Sushi in San Diego period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

If you have a craving for some fine Asian cuisine then Akai Hana is a place you should definitely try. The sushi is delectable and the service is awesome. I've had pretty much everyrhing on the menu and now when i go I just tell the sushi what make me whatever you want and I'm never disappointed. No pressure roll rocks!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere