“It would help if the gate agents would speak up!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Airport

Airport
2400 India St, San Diego, CA 92101-1211 (Downtown)
(619) 685-3881
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,611 of 4,100 Restaurants in San Diego
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Dallas, Texas
“It would help if the gate agents would speak up!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had an ok experience here, it was easy to get to our gate and the airport is small enough that you do not have to hike 7 miles to get to your gate. I agree there is not enough food options and the price for bottled water was way too high ($3.99 for a 1 liter and $2.80 for a fiji bottle). Seating is ok. My only complaint was that with people talking around you, it is impossible to hear the gate agents. They do not speak loud enough to be heard. Speak up, people need to hear information about their flights!!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Not a pleasant atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Currently sitting in Terminal 2 waiting for my flight. Thought I would write a review as there's nothing to do here! No shops, one restaurant with overpriced food and a bit of a building site around me. The chairs are very scruffy- no where nice to sit. The toilets are awful..most of them dirty and very old fashioned with no motion activated facilities. I would think that 'America's finest city' would have a better airport to represent it. You can however get free wi fi connection thanks.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Disappointing Airport Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I can't say I disagree with the other reviewers. The food selection, or lack thereof, made our preflight wait at the airport less than pleasant. We were told that food selections were limited due to airport renovation. Needless to say they were limited to pizza and over priced sandwich selections. If you're a vegetarian or allergic to nuts, you'll be out of luck. Keep in mind that you really can't get food through security and the food area is beyond the security check.

In and of itself the pizza was pretty good, just not my desired dinner choice. The pizza staff were very efficient, some were even comical, and it appeared to be well run. Like any airport, the food is way over priced.

My suggestion: eat before you go to the SD airport. Bring snacks that you can get through security but check before you go because security was really nit picky.

Visited April 2013
chilliwack
“RIPPED OFF”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from San Diego. I did a hotel review but left out our horrible experience at the airport. We had a 5pm flight so figured we could get supper at the airport. To our surprise there is crappy pizza and expensive sandwiches. Being a diabetic there was absolutly nothing for me to eat. We had a coffee and muffin that cost $12 you can get the same at mcdonalds for $1.50 and the muffins are better at mac's. You should be ashamed of your self San Diego you want tourists and then rip them off at the airport.. I will make sure everyone i know and dont know about your RIP OFF.food at the airport this is daylight robbery. An airport this size should be able to provide restaurants or fast food outlets that charge the same rates as outlets not at the airport. How stupid do you think we are. This is going to cost you a lot more in tourism. This is the only airport that i have ever encountered this.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago Area
“Food and Drink Rip Off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

In the terminal for Southwest airlines there is very little choice for food. Compare this to an airport like Midway in Chicago that has many great establishments like Harry Caray's and Potbelly Sandwiches to name a couple. You have the choice of a tuna, turkey or ham sandwich preboxed not fresh, at a highway robbery price. People around me complained the adult beverages were way beyond belief in price. I really enjoyed my rubbery turkey, and a yogurt for ten dollars plus. This airport needs an overhaul in food and decor.

• Visited February 2013