“Disappointing Airport Experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Airport

Airport
2400 India St, San Diego, CA 92101-1211 (Downtown)
(619) 685-3881
Neighborhood: Downtown
New Jersey
“Disappointing Airport Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I can't say I disagree with the other reviewers. The food selection, or lack thereof, made our preflight wait at the airport less than pleasant. We were told that food selections were limited due to airport renovation. Needless to say they were limited to pizza and over priced sandwich selections. If you're a vegetarian or allergic to nuts, you'll be out of luck. Keep in mind that you really can't get food through security and the food area is beyond the security check.

In and of itself the pizza was pretty good, just not my desired dinner choice. The pizza staff were very efficient, some were even comical, and it appeared to be well run. Like any airport, the food is way over priced.

My suggestion: eat before you go to the SD airport. Bring snacks that you can get through security but check before you go because security was really nit picky.

Visited April 2013

chilliwack
“RIPPED OFF”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from San Diego. I did a hotel review but left out our horrible experience at the airport. We had a 5pm flight so figured we could get supper at the airport. To our surprise there is crappy pizza and expensive sandwiches. Being a diabetic there was absolutly nothing for me to eat. We had a coffee and muffin that cost $12 you can get the same at mcdonalds for $1.50 and the muffins are better at mac's. You should be ashamed of your self San Diego you want tourists and then rip them off at the airport.. I will make sure everyone i know and dont know about your RIP OFF.food at the airport this is daylight robbery. An airport this size should be able to provide restaurants or fast food outlets that charge the same rates as outlets not at the airport. How stupid do you think we are. This is going to cost you a lot more in tourism. This is the only airport that i have ever encountered this.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago Area
“Food and Drink Rip Off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

In the terminal for Southwest airlines there is very little choice for food. Compare this to an airport like Midway in Chicago that has many great establishments like Harry Caray's and Potbelly Sandwiches to name a couple. You have the choice of a tuna, turkey or ham sandwich preboxed not fresh, at a highway robbery price. People around me complained the adult beverages were way beyond belief in price. I really enjoyed my rubbery turkey, and a yogurt for ten dollars plus. This airport needs an overhaul in food and decor.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worst Airport in the World”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Hello,

I have some feedback on the food offer at San Diego Airport

1. Drinks prices are absolutely disgraceful; $9.24 for a glass of wine and $7.06 for a bottle of Corona. This is daylight robbery, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are abusing the fact that I can't get a drink anywhere else in the airport.

2. Garden Pizza is by far the worst pizza that I have ever had. Hardly any cheese on it and the mushrooms, onions etc had just been poured over the top, they had not been cooked into the cheese.

Truly awful experience. If I could have, it would get a zero rating.

salt lake city
“Home Turf bar/snack”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Love the sirport itself, and San diego.....That being said we were at gate and saw Home Turf, and thought to split a sandwich have a wine and beer..DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!! Beyond hidious sandwich 12.00 dollars...8.50 glass of chardonnay 5 oz pour...1 draft beer 10.00!!! I realize being in airport your going to get hosed no matter what....but REALLY???....We should have asked price of wine and beer it was not on menu... lesson learned AGAIN. But truly have had decent sandwiches in airports for 12. and at least I couldn't complain...it was HORRIBLE and so small a child couldn't have filled up!!! Walk back down termal area and get aslice of pizza, and just get over yourself about a wine or beer

• Visited November 2012