“Cozy Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert
New York City, New York
“Cozy Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

This little place rocks... a Coffee "house". Cozy with delicious Vietnamese Iced coffee!

• Visited June 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“My source of Productivity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I know this is trip advisor, and I live in San Diego, so it's not much of a trip, but I just have to recommend this spot to everyone.

I have the luxury of being able to work from home, but the fact is some times I get a case of cabin fever and need a change of venue. Krakatoa is the perfect spot for just that.

Ample table space, free wifi, power plugs here and there, it's a nice place to set up the mobile office. But what really keeps me coming back is the coffee and the sandwiches.

I'm not one for fancy lattes, but their drip coffee is just perfect.

Their sandwiches are all amazing, fresh, and unique. I love the one with the turkey, cream cheese, and cranberry sauce on it. Trust me! It's wonderful!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Escondido, California
“A LITTLE FOOD AND BEVERAGE OASIS.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We read some mixed reviews elsewhere and decided to pay the place a visit while we were in the neighborhood yesterday looking for a house to rent.When we arrived around 11am we could see a large timber deck at the front and side shaded by a large tree.There were plenty of folks sitting outside so we decided to grab a table inside.A relaxing atmosphere prevailed and we received prompt service once we had decided to order My wife and I tried a couple of cappuccinos with hazelnut syrup.The lady who served us brought them to out table in just a few minutes.Our coffees were quite enjoyable and we noticed they used a way better quality hazelnut syrup than we have experienced anywhere else.We left to do our house hunting and a couple of hours later decided we were hungry and returned to Krakatoa because their food menu looked interesting.We tried a turkey,bacon and cheese sandwich which had an interesting name and a large glass of lime aid.We told the lady taking our oder that we would share the meal.Soon after a kitchen helper brought 2 plates each with a substantial half sandwich and a side helping of potato salad which comes with the order.Everything was delicious and I didn't think anybody could make a potato salad as yummy as my wife does but theirs tasted fresh and fantastic.My wife had also purchased a gigantic chocolate and pecan cookie which we shared also.All round we were very impressed particularly when our lunch visit only set us back 12 dollars.We noticed when we were driving around the area that there are many coffee shops and restaurants so we can't wait to return but Krakatoa will be 1st on out list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere