“Best Coffee in Golden Hill” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
San Diego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Coffee in Golden Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This place has the best coffee in golden hills. I always order there iced mocha and the everything bagel with cream cheese. It's the perfect combination for a breakfast snack or a good early afternoon light lunch. The outside patio is a tranquil place to kick back and read a book or browse the internet. The patio desk is covered by tropical trees and plants. It also has a kumquat fruit tree that reminds me of my grandmothers house when I was a kid and her and I would pick the fruit in the summer for a refreshing treat.

Love you G-ma!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Cozy Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

This little place rocks... a Coffee "house". Cozy with delicious Vietnamese Iced coffee!

• Visited June 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“My source of Productivity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I know this is trip advisor, and I live in San Diego, so it's not much of a trip, but I just have to recommend this spot to everyone.

I have the luxury of being able to work from home, but the fact is some times I get a case of cabin fever and need a change of venue. Krakatoa is the perfect spot for just that.

Ample table space, free wifi, power plugs here and there, it's a nice place to set up the mobile office. But what really keeps me coming back is the coffee and the sandwiches.

I'm not one for fancy lattes, but their drip coffee is just perfect.

Their sandwiches are all amazing, fresh, and unique. I love the one with the turkey, cream cheese, and cranberry sauce on it. Trust me! It's wonderful!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Escondido, California
“A LITTLE FOOD AND BEVERAGE OASIS.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We read some mixed reviews elsewhere and decided to pay the place a visit while we were in the neighborhood yesterday looking for a house to rent.When we arrived around 11am we could see a large timber deck at the front and side shaded by a large tree.There were plenty of folks sitting outside so we decided to grab a table inside.A relaxing atmosphere prevailed and we received prompt service once we had decided to order My wife and I tried a couple of cappuccinos with hazelnut syrup.The lady who served us brought them to out table in just a few minutes.Our coffees were quite enjoyable and we noticed they used a way better quality hazelnut syrup than we have experienced anywhere else.We left to do our house hunting and a couple of hours later decided we were hungry and returned to Krakatoa because their food menu looked interesting.We tried a turkey,bacon and cheese sandwich which had an interesting name and a large glass of lime aid.We told the lady taking our oder that we would share the meal.Soon after a kitchen helper brought 2 plates each with a substantial half sandwich and a side helping of potato salad which comes with the order.Everything was delicious and I didn't think anybody could make a potato salad as yummy as my wife does but theirs tasted fresh and fantastic.My wife had also purchased a gigantic chocolate and pecan cookie which we shared also.All round we were very impressed particularly when our lunch visit only set us back 12 dollars.We noticed when we were driving around the area that there are many coffee shops and restaurants so we can't wait to return but Krakatoa will be 1st on out list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere