“Be prepared to wait...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Madison, Wisconsin
“Be prepared to wait...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We waited more than 40 minutes in line to order our food at this place but once we ordered and got a table, the food came relatively quickly. I had three tacos - salmon, lobster, and shrimp. They were all delicious, especially the lobster. Beer is overpriced (especially since you just get a plastic cup full, not even a bottle) and I wish this place had more seating, but no arguing that the seafood quality was great.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Line was long but service was fast. Huge pieces of clam in clam chowder. Yummy! For seafood it wasn't too pricey.

La Mesa, California
“Lots of Seafood Choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

You can have your fish/seafood any way you like!! Everything is fresh and tasty and there are several options from which to choose. Staff is friendly and efficient. Local San Diego, Ballast Point Brewery, represents the beers on tap. Don't be daunted by the long line! The line goes quickly and the staff finds you a place to sit.

“It is Now a Family Favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went to this seafood spot during my graduation Disney-Vegas trip. I didn't even see it on triple D. I just took it off one of the charts that said where Guy had gone. Geez, his word became my new guiding food voice after this.

I loved the options - just in case we were trying to not splurge too intensely this place gives options. You could have a plethora of seafood and choose between many options: sandwich, plate, tacos and also had yummy soups!

I will say, the plates are my favourite. Dad insisted on fish and chips which I find a waste but it always impresses me they serve waffle fries. Their stuff is fresh and delicious, I just really prefer the grilled stuff. Its a short drive, slash walk from the beach at La Jolla and I definitely suggest it. It is a quick turn off the exit as well.

I had some scallops this time and that was great, and another fish for a plate that was super yummy - just ask the folks at the front and they will tell you what they love the most. They work there, actually trust them please. They haven't steered me wrong yet.

The rice is probably soaked in butter which is why its super yummy and the salads are fresh and a great accompaniment that allows you to order more seafood. I had the swordfish on a sandwich, super awesome combo I promise you. If you just want a snack, order some fish tacos so you can try as many options as possible. My Dad had to park us at the beach for an hour so my Mom and I could take a nap (yes, Dad's the one who had to drive for HOURS). I had to pause to take a food nap. Am I ashamed? Nope.

Going here the second time reminds me that I really love this place. I've had some of the best experiences here and I can't wait to go back, just wish I could get some shark. They were out twice and I really would like the chance to try. First place I tried mahi mahi and swordfish. Go here and pick out all the seafoods you have yet to try and then build your meal with the different options. Just don't leave without having the cioppinno.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LAKESIDE
“A poem for Blue Water Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

A Poem for Blue Water Seafood Grill

With a line to the door
I almost hit the floor
We waited, we waited a while
Then we were greeted with a big friendly smile

Devoured the chowder, the best ever tasted
Grilled shrimp as a sandwich, none of it wasted
Cioppino, one taste put a smile on our face
Blue Water Seafood, you are one special place

Really great food, steamy hot delicious food, totally worth the wait.
It's a winner for San Diego!

• Visited March 2014