“Good Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley

You added Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #47 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

I stayed here for two weeks in Feb '05 while on buisness in San Diego. Had no complaints. Everything and everyone worked fine,(well with the exception of the wafflemaker sticking one morning). Saved some of my per diem money with the breakfast and the evening receptions as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2005

We stay here about 4 times a year. The hotel suite is spacious, including a separate kitchen, sitting area with L-shape sofa and coffee table, and a work area with table and chair. It is our favorite place as it's well-priced for a newer suite. It has heated outdoor pool, sports court and free continental breakfast. The only thing I would want is something with meat such as bacon or ham. But otherwise, many selections including oatmeal, eggs, cereals, juices, etc...

The rooms are clean, quiet and if you drive about a mile or so there are a zillion (almost) restaurants and food choices and entertainment areas. The drive to Seaworld is not much more than 15-20 minutes because it is pretty much clear sailing traffic-wise.

I highly recommend this hotel if you want more than just a small hotel room. You can relax and unwind after a day out and not be cramped.

• Stayed September 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

Purpose for Trip: Business Conference
Looked at reviews for other hotels in area. Choose Staybridge Suites for my 5 day trip. Left there after one day. Called Marriott and asked them to help me out. Got an excellent room at a great price for the remainder of my stay - Thanks Huey (Marriott Regional Manager).

Quiet, nice room, easy parking, good location. Great for business travelers and light sleepers.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2005

We stayed at the Residence Inn for three nights in May, I can't say enough good things about it! Great location, very quick drive to SeaWorld, perfectly manicured grounds. The lobby was inviting, the front desk staff very friendly, and accomodating. The room was very clean, and the kitchenette is perfect. Breakfast and happy hour food was always good with a wide variety of healthy choices, great fuel for long days at the park or beach. The outdoor patio and pool area is ideal for families with kids; large gas grill for guests to grill out while the kids can swim (nice clean pool), play basketball, or ping pong. Our daughter is an only child who found a lot of new friends to play in the pool with while the adults kicked back with cold beverages.

San Diego is just beautiful, and so much fun to visit. I am looking forward to our next stay at the Residence Inn, Sorrento Messa. You will find it to be in a convenient location with great hospitality, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed May 2005
Southeast USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2004

We stayed at this Residence Inn over the Memorial Day weekend. When I initially reserved our 2 BDR suite, I have to admit that I was a bit worried about what I'd have waiting for me, given the condition of some of the Residence Inns I've seen of late. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel was new (perhaps 3 yrs old), well-maintained, and clean. Instead of the traditional Residence Inns that look like old apartment buildings where entrances to suites are from the exterior, this one had interior corridors. I felt safer with this layout. Our suite was well-equipped. My kids enjoyed the courtyard amenities (such as the pool and ping pong). The breakfast buffet was ok - really nothing to rave about - just standard continental breakfast with some scrambled eggs, waffles, cereals, etc. You can't really complain since it was "complimentary".

The staff for the most part was very courteous and friendly (with the exception of a front desk clerk who gave me a little attitude when I disputed a charge for the in-roon Nintendo that we didn't even touch). Aside from that, the staff was very willing to please and pleasant to deal with.

I found the location to be pretty good. It was close to numerous restaurants (about 1-2 miles from a bunch of restaurants on Mira Mesa). It wasn't a bad drive (about 15-20 mins) to most of the tourist destinations (e.g., the zoo, beaches, downtown). I actually liked the fact that it was a little away from the hustle and bustle in the touristy areas.

I would definitely consider staying here again!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2004

We stayed here during a househunting trip and found it easy to drive north county inland & coastal pretty quickly. UTC 15 min. away, Del Mar 15 min. away, Mira Mesa restaurants 5 min., Penasquitos & Sabre Springs 20 min. Quiet area, but only a few restaurants in walking distance. Facing into the courtyard is probably quietest, although Bldg. A was not bad (we had a few trucks loading in the middle of the night at warehouse next door). Don't pick a room on Mira Mesa unless you like traffic.

Staff was helpful & courteous. "Free" internet was only free for 2 days, then they charge $11.95 each day after that. We balked at the advertising and we were only charged for 1 day instead of 5. It's only free if you bring your own wireless card and don't need to borrow a wireless kit.

The 1 bdr was fine for 2 people, but I'd feel claustrophobic with 2 young kids running around in it. The breakfast buffet had enough variety for our 6 day stay. Coffee could be better... Happy hour our first evening was basic sandwich fixings, and the server cheerily brought over beer & wine refills. We did not have time to sample the BBQ or other snacks that week.

It was a very busy hotel, close to Miramar & many corporate offices so there was a good mix of people. Overall a comfortable stay for business reasons; there are probably better locations for touristy sightseeing.

• Stayed June 2004, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2004

We stayed at this property Dec 25-29 2003 (we stayed at the la jolla property Dec 2002). THis was so much nicer and newer (altho I heard that La JOlla has just completed its much needed renovation). This property was not your typical open/townhome Residence Inn type but more like hotel rooms which for me gave added sense of security. Food not that great but nice to have the option of having bkfst if you're too tired to make any of your own. Also close to Mira Mesa's restaurant row. They also offered free high speed internet access.

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley? Share your experiences!