You added Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #50 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
“Thanks Maria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Maria M, Front Office Manager, Thanks for your support and assistance during my stay. I appreciate you working with me and trying to accommodate as best as possible!

Thanks for your response to the review as well! I wish things worked out better, however, the stay, your service, hotel features and environment were excellent! Next time I come I will have everything in order! Peace - Crystal

Green Features: Recycled keys, encouraged visitors to turn off lights/other appliances when not in use, and keep towels if staying over night!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Colorado Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

With a few facility updates, this hotel would easily earn a "4."

The hotel is incredibly quiet and clean. My housekeeping was immaculate (and I tipped accordingly!)

My room was spacious and comfortable. I was able to relax fully and sleep well here.

I would - and will - return to this hotel for future trips. This is now my go-to hotel when doing business in this area.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Maria M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Dear COLadyRoadWarrior,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property! We recently underwent a total hotel renovation and when you are in the area again staying with us, I would like to invite you to reach out to me regarding ways that we can reach that "4" or "5". We hope to see you again in the future and please feel free to reach out to me at maria.mejia@marriott.com.

Best Regards,

Maria Mejia
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

I've booked rooms at various suite-style accommodations (i.e. Residence Inns, Hyatt Place, etc.) throughout California for myself and for visiting family and friends. This Residence Inn is situated in a quiet business park and guests are most likely tech professionals engaging with Qualcomm and other companies in the area. For those who've commented that there aren't many places to eat near this property, they haven't ventured about 3 miles east of it where there happens to be a great variety of Asian, Mexican, American, South Asian, and Middle Eastern restaurants including the well known chain restaurants. They have a pool, small basketball court, BBQ area, and one of the best free hot breakfasts for this type of property. That said, the best part of this clean, well-appointed and modern property is the staff. From the front desk personnel to the breakfast attendants, every single employee was a delight to interact with. They are all hard working and affable. The customer service here is first rate. When asked if I would stay here again, I enthusiastically responded "ABSOLUTELY!"

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I recently stayed in the Residence Inn for a business trip. I ended up getting a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite, which wasn't really necessary as I was alone, but the extra space was nice. This room had a full kitchen, furnished with plenty of kitchen items, a fireplace, 2 bathrooms, and 2 queen size beds. The living room area was quite small and might have been an issue if you really had a family staying here, but it wasn't a problem for me.

The bed was comfortable and the unit was kept clean. The bathrooms and showers fine and well supplied with linens. One of the rooms had a nice work table next to the bed, and there was another work area in the living room. After having stayed at another Marriott recently that didn't have free Wifi, I was glad this hotel did. I was afraid it would be quite noisy as my room faced a busy street (Mira Mesa Blvd), but I didn't notice any road noise as I was sleeping.

The free breakfast in the morning had a wide variety of options, and I hadn't realized that there was also a social hour in the evening until the last evening I was there. I'm not sure how many nights it's available, but the night I went I was able to make a light dinner out of the meatloaf and other items that were served.

There was a nice looking pool and a tennis court, neither of which I used, and a barbeque grill out in the courtyard that I saw being used a couple of times. This hotel is also pet friendly, and I saw quite a few people who had their dogs along with them.

The one downside that I saw was that there weren't many restaurants available in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. I didn't notice anything within walking distance, except a deli with limitied hours, and not much within about a two mile radius.

If I need to return for business in the future, I would certainly check their availability.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has just recently been updated with all new furniture etc. very clean an nice property...Would definitely stay there again. My only question is....I thought coffee was available at all times in the lobby...not at this hotel...I guess Marriott has changed that requirement. Too bad, I missed that perk!

Stayed October 2014
Bagram
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

Nice hotel with great service. The social hour on Tuesday and Wednesday is a great way to unwind. Located near a lot of big businesses including Qualcomm. A lot of nearby places to eat and shop as well.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
puyallup
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

We stayed here for a little less than a week and found the hotel to be very nice. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was really good with alot of variety. The pool area was nice and though we did not use it, there was a nice outdoor sitting area with a fireplace. There was plenty of parking and the location of the hotel was very nice. My suggestion would be to have twenty four hour coffee available. The rooms were pretty clean except that they looked like they needed vacuuming. Over all a very nice, quiet, property.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley? Share your experiences!