“Thank you Jawad, Kenia and House keeping staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5995 Pacific Mesa Court, San Diego, CA 92121   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #33 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Chennai (Madras), India
“Thank you Jawad, Kenia and House keeping staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My visit to San Diego and stayed in your hotel for two weeks during 2nd and 3rd week of June 2014. I want to take time to thank below team of yours:

First and foremost: Jawad ( I hope this name is correct); The guy who take care of morning breakfast and evening snacks.

Being new to US and he helped to great extend making me understand what dishes are server on that day and how to make stuff on my own. He been a good tutor for me and without his support, it would have been tough for me to handle such new food items( my apetite is for Indian food). So he was courteous, smiling and understand what customer support.

Thank you Jawad and making my life easy out there.

Next, Kenia(hope the spelling is correct) - She was courteous and helped me on few occassions in arranging the cabs when I do not know anybody in SD and away from hotel. I always dial your front desk and she helped me.

Thank you guys for making my stay wonderful and a good experience.

Finally, I forgot the house keeping staff name. I never got a chance to interact; but Thank you for keeping my room clean ( I guess, its room number 244 or 245) (you can check in your records on my name - Taj Shaik)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After 26 hours in transit, it was extremely pleasing to check in early by very friendly staff (maybe they took pity on me when I arrived without my bags!). The hotel was relatively easy to find, thanks to google maps, from San Diego Airport. Parking was easy. The Queen studio was excellent and spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable for this weary traveller. The only problem I found was that I was woken several times by a very noisy air-conditioner motor. It seemed to be located in the wall next to the bed. The breakfast was good and it was very popular. The outdoor seating by the pool was also very nice, especially at breakfast time, and I suppose at any other time. The pool looked good but unfortunately I did not use it. Nice to have a laundry room to do the washing. Did I mention the friendly staff... they were great. Overall, I would not have a problem staying here again; I would however investigate the loudness of the air-conditioner next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was clean and updated; a bit off the beaten path, but worth it. Staff was very friendly and helpful, expecially Jawad. Jawad prepares all of the food for the breakfasts and manager's receptions in the evenings. The food was very good and plentiful, and Jawad made us all feel like family; he welcomed us for each meal and went out of his way to be helpful. I will come back to this hotel on all future trips to San Diego because of Jawad!

Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well, one of the best things about our recent visit to San Diego was our stay at Residence inn at San Diego, Mesa Blvd. The hotel is economical, feels like at home ( as the name suggests, they provide you with almost everything to cook your own food, including dishes, pans, stove, cup/plates etc), provides excellent breakfast (lot of variety) and has very good understanding staff. They even let us stay a bit longer as our car broke down and my husband needed couple of hours to find mechanic and pickup another rental car.

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful one-bedroom suite, immaculately clean, with a welcoming note from the maid. Very quiet, great location, many amenities. Our friends barbequed outside, and it was a very comfortable area to sit in, with plenty of chairs and tables. Breakfast excellent, with many options, and the oatmeal (cooked from scratch) was first rate.

Our friends reserved the breakfast area for a private luncheon, and the kitchen staff did a wonderful job in assisting with the catered meal, and helping us in boxing up the leftovers afterwards.

The front desk staff was outstanding, and we were able to check out late. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, but every room I heard about was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awesome Hotel and an amazing general manager who will go out of his way to help you.Nice service and clean ambiance..Friendly staff and all the best thing you can probably think for a classy service...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kit B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much for the kind words. It was my pleasure to help you in planning your trip. I hope your little one enjoyed the Wild Animal Park, The Zoo and Legoland. I hope to see you again on your next visit to San Diego.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Residence Inn - Sorento is a family friendly hotel. There is a pool, spa, table tennis, tennis/volley ball/basketball court, and an outdoor grill with picnic area. It is located in a business district just a short 10 - 15 minute drive from San Diego's major attractions. There are several restaurants within a 5 mile radius.

The breakfast buffet is typical with cereal, eggs, sausage, pancakes, waffles, rice, fruit, yogurts, potatoes and a other items that were rotated through the menu. There was plenty of variety that we did not become bored with the meal during our 12 day stay. The evening social hour is only offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It is pretty basic, but satisfying.

Unfortunately, housekeeping leaves something to be desired. The first day housekeeping skipped us, they left a note on the door stating that they couldn't clean the room due to dog "not being caged". (She was crated). Another time housekeeping skipped cleaning because the dog was in the room, even though she was crated. Another morning, I answered the door, holding the dog, and was told housekeeping could not enter unless dog was "caged". I crated the dog and went outside for what I thought would be the room cleaning. Returned 15 minutes later to a fresh supply of towels and nothing else. Many days house keeping completely skipped our room and we would have to go to the front desk for fresh towels and supplies. What cleaning is performed is only done at "eye level".

The front desk staff is friendly and willing to assist in making your stay wonderful. I know this because we had some problems with our reservation and they worked with us to find a workable solution.

I reserved the handicapped accessible, one bedroom suite with tub/shower. Our first room was as studio with the handicapped accessible tub/shower. This was not suitable since I was traveling with my husband and adult son. After talking with the manager, we were moved to a one bedroom suite and a shower bench was provided and hand held shower was purchased and installed. We would have been happy to stay in this room had there been a handicap bar at the toilet.

Two days later we were moved a handicapped accessible, roll-in shower room. This was still not the room style we had reserved. We realize the room design is not a management issue, but had the reservation been correct, we would not be dealing with the following issues.

Due to having a roll in shower, it is impossible to take a shower without the bathroom floor becoming soaked. Another poor design is the placement of the towel bars relative to the shower. For the non handicap, there is no place to put your soap and shampoo, so the wall mounted bath bench must remain down.

To accommodate the oversized bathroom, the living room is much smaller. For seating, it only contains a love seat versus a sofa and chair in the other rooms. For three adults a love seat was not very accommodating. When the sofa bed is used, the door for the bedroom is blocked either completely open or closed. In addition, the upper kitchen cabinets could not be reached by someone using in a wheelchair. The doors to the buildings are not automatic, providing a challenge to open the door and then get thru it.

Not wanting to leave a negative impression, I will return to the many pluses of the hotel, they have several very nice dog walking areas. The outside of the hotel is well lit. Parking is adequate. We felt safe in our surroundings and enjoyed evening walks around the hotel and surrounding business. There is a nice size laundry room in each of the buildings. The wi-fi worked perfectly. The fitness center has treadmills, an elliptical and weights. If in San Diego, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Maria M, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and detailed review.
I am sorry that you experienced a few issues during your stay but am pleased we were able to come to a satisfactory arrangement.
As for your concerns with housekeeping, I will follow up with our Housekeeping manager and ask why you were unable to receive service. This may be a great training opportunity for our team.

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley? Share your experiences!