“Great place to stay with a large group” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5995 Pacific Mesa Court, San Diego, CA 92121   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #33 of 270 hotels in San Diego
La Palma, California
“Great place to stay with a large group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our soccer team and many others stayed here for a tournament over Memorial Day weekend. The rooms are recently renewed and refurnished and very nice. There is a decent sized pool, basketball/volleyball court. The common area is quite large with a huge barbecue. The hotel let us set up more barbecues and we feed about 150 folks. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is more than adequate and staff was on the ball with keeping up with hungry soccer players. We had been here before and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Maria M, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed on a Sunday night and checked in at noon. They were very accommodating and put our two rooms right next to each other and upgraded us. Rooms are newly decorated and fresh. Kitchens have everything you need and we had fun preparing our dinner there. The bedroom had a queen, but sure felt smaller than that. The beds were the most comfortable I have felt in a while. Everything was clean and sparkling! I would definitely recommend this hotel. Pool is small and breakfast is Ok, (not as good as Country inn). But overall, I would rather stay here than Country Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kit B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Joyfull1131,

Thank you for taking time to review us and for the kind words regarding your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed the renovated rooms and the new kitchen appliances.

I look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to San Diego!
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Marriott hotels always provide the best service. Today I would like to mention that I was extremely impressed by the great service by Mr. Jaw ad during my stay at this hotel. There was no additional help available to him on May 6, 2014. Mr. Jawad took exceptional care of the guests and the kitchen. He went to the guests and specially asked them if they needed anything else. He had no help but cared for the guests at this hotel. This type of service is rare in today's day and age. He definitely deserves recognition for his outstanding and caring service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kit B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. I really appreciate hearing your comments regarding Jawad. He truly is our jewel and regularly recognize him for his efforts.

I look forward to hosting you on your next visit to San Diego!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

It was my first stay at a Residence Inn but will not be my last. My brother and his family always stays at a Residence Inn . I did a lot of traveling when I was working but was always booked to the company T/L holtels . I enjoyed the cleanless of the room and all the employees went out of there way to help out .
The person how took care of my room ( Nancy ) did a great job, everything was neat and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
Green Features: Nice to see that some companies are looking out and helping the enviroment !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a nice review.
We hope to see you again soon!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

we stayed on April 11- 13th
I highly recommend this place.
my fiance and i stayed here for 2 nights. what a great stay.
things are worth mentioning
staff was excellent. from manager to the regular staff members.
i called ahead to see if we could check in early, they already recognized who i was because i called once to confirm the reservation day before. they were so nice, and said no problem checking in was effortless. ( as it should be)
we missed the breakfast only because the bed and the pillows were so comfy we couldn't get out of the bed.
our suit was spotless. clean to the dot.( cleanliness is very important factor A+)
shower is great
we needed extra towels, they brought it in a hurry.
only thing i would like is room service. i was disappointed when they didn't have any
but there were places near by we could get stuff.
I kindly suggest they would consider having room service. i love late night snacks.
I would definitely stay here again.
EXCELLENT STAY!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
sasha M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Pra P,

Thank you so much for writing such a nice and detailed review for us on Trip Advisor!

It warms my heart knowing that you received the level of service we strive for.

Congratulations as well on your upcoming nuptials and hopefully you two are able to come stay with us again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn even though I am Marriott rewards member and I thoroughly enjoyed the amenities offered. The room was clean and well maintained. The decor was very nice. The bed/pillows were comfortable. The daily breakfast buffet style was good and included in the cost. The staff was friendly and professional, especially the young lady who checked me. It was about a 10 mins or less to UCSD, which was my reason for being in San Diego. The hotel had a pool and a fitness room as well as basketball hoops. There may have been other activities on the grounds available that I didn't see. There was a weekday social hour with food but I didn't get to go. I accidentally found the location is about 10 minutes from the Mission Beach area. Were I traveling on business or with the family to the San Diego area, I'd stay here again. The best part is the price was right for the full kitchen, dishes, etc and included breakfast.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DearJustVisiting958,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting San Diego.

Hopefully you are able to come back again soon and soak up some sunshine.
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This property is a hidden gem in Sorrento Mesa, perfect for families or business travelers. The rooms are spacious with a full kitchen, and there's a great breakfast with plenty of room to sit. Best of all -- at least according to our kids -- there is a SportCourt and ping-pong table that are both in great condition.

At first glance, it might seem like the location is too far from the beaches and attractions like SeaWorld and the Zoo, but it's actually very close to the freeway and you can get everywhere in 20 minutes or so (assuming you time it right, of course, and miss the major traffic).

The service was outstanding from the moment we arrived, and the free WiFi was fast and dependable, which is a huge plus. There's plenty of free parking, and you can literally walk 5 minutes to a nearby Chili's. This was our first stay at this property, and we'll definitely keep it in mind for the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear 56waldorf,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing us such a nice review.

We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to when you can come see us again

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley? Share your experiences!