“Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley

You added Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for one night during our trip to San Diego. When we checked in, we were told they have complimentary breakfast and manager’s reception (from Mon-Thurs) which is a surprise for us since we were planning to go outside to find some food. The quality and variety of the food is great, also the services. The room is recently renovated with full kitchen, very clean and spacious. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
sasha M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear AndyHao,

Thank you for the glowing review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your time spent with us and hope you and your wife are able to come back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chatsworth, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this lovely establishment. I have stayed there once before and enjoyed the amazing renovation! The changes they made were lovely. The staff was curteous and friendly. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. The room was clean and bright, and the overall experience was delightful! I will definitely be back to stay there again!
JoANn Murray

Green Features: I'm thrilled that they are so eco-friendly! It makes me happy to know and I commend them!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. Murray,

Thank you so much for giving us such a nice review. I am very pleased you had a good time with us and do hope you are able to come back again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I love this place. I stay here every time I travel to San Diego on business. The service is always excellent and the property is so clean. I always get a great night's sleep when I stay here. The beds and pillows are the best. I really appreciate that I can pop down to the lobby business center to check my email and print a couple of documents before i go to my meetings. I've stayed here many times and will continue to stay here every time I'm working in SD. By the way, I also really appreciate that they have a great gym. Traveling so much, I need to workout when I can.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for such a nice review. It means so much to us that we are your home away from home while in San Diego.

Hope to see you again soon!
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom studio. We are a family of 4 with 2 toddlers and the room layout was ideal. The kids loved the free breakfast and free manager's reception. My wallet agreed.

We received amazing service from Jawad in the restaurant. He went out of his way to say hi to our children and even went to his car to give them gifts. He was very attentive and had a great, positive attitude.

Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

The only negative we experienced was the service we received from housekeeping. They literally made the bed and took out the trash - towels were still draped over the shower and our shampoo and conditioner was not replenished. I will chalk this up to a bad day for this specific housekeeper and not indicative of the property as a whole.

We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
sasha M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear hbsprite,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip advisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Jawed, like all of our staff, loves our guests and tries to go out of his way to make sure everyone has a great time while staying with us.

I am sorry that you were displeased with housekeeping not replenishing your towels. As a Marriott Brand Hotel, we participate in the “save the Planet” initiative; towels on the rack mean you’ll use them again and a towel on the floor needs to be replaced.

Overall I’m glad you were happy and comfortable here and I do hope that you are able to return soon
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I loved this hotel. Excellent service, attention to detail and super duper clean. The front desk gal was a gem and a nice man even helped me with my bags. Looking forward to my next SD trip here. :-).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Fati L,

Thank you for such a nice review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and do hope you are able to come back and see us again real soon.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night with a family of five. The hotel was recently updated. It's clean and well maintained.

Staff:
Sasha Myrom:
I was checked in by the friendly Sasha and got to spin the wheel for extra Marriott points. Painless and quick!

Maria Mejia:
I needed some butter for cooking my veggies. I went to the front desk and asked as I knew they would have some for the breakfast buffet. Maria was pretty busy at the time and told me she would check it out when she had the time. Five minutes later, she found me by the fire and handed me the butter. Very good service and follow up!

Rooms:
Clean and comfortable. Included all items for cooking. Flat screen TVs. We had two in our one bedroom.

Breakfast:
Complete breakfast with eggs, waffles, biscuits/gravy, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, etc. It's a really nice spread at no cost.

Pool / BBQ area:
This is what makes this hotel so good if you have kids. The pool is heated to 80 degrees and the spa is hot. They have towels at the pool so you don't need to bring ones from your room. There is a gas fire place with lounge type seating. It's a perfect place to hang, have some adult bevs and consume some apps. The five burner Bull BBQ is legit. It also has a Bull mini frig. The BBQ area has a granite bar type area to lay out all the food. It's just like an outdoor kitchen you would find in a backyard. The sports court is also great for the kids. At one point I counted 15+ kids having a blast playing basketball. We brought our own basketball, but I assume they have one at the front desk. They also have a ping pong table with paddles at the front desk.

Overall:
I would highly recommend this hotel for families. Clean, well maintained, great staff and nice amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kit B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such terrific feedback on your visit. I would also like to thank you for mentioning Sasha and Maria for their efforts. We are very excited to have completed our full property renovation and continue to provide outstanding accommodations for our guests.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to give your comments. I will make sure we recognize Sasha and Maria at our upcoming team meeting.

Kit Butler
Castaic, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We are in San Diego for my husband's surgery at scripps hospital, it has been a very stressful time. So glad we chose this hotel, we have a gorgeous room so quite, very pleasant front desk person. My son spoke with the manager Maria prior to our visit, she was so very accommodating. Customer service is as good as the rooms are beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Julia,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our brand new room! We are excited to have our renovation completed and to hear feedback like yours.

Our entire team works very hard to make sure we continue providing top notch service and a first class room and it sounds like we accomplished this again.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and I hope we will be able to host you on your next visit to San Diego, and we wish your husband a speedy recovery!

Kit Butler

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley? Share your experiences!