“Problematic Rooms, Good Location” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar

You added Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar to your Saves list
Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9880 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92131 (Formerly Quality Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #205 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Gilbert, Arizona
“Problematic Rooms, Good Location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My trip to this hotel was solely for business. I stayed 4 nights. Time to check-in was at least 25 minutes of waiting in line. The A/C did not work in the room I was given - the hotel fixed this by adjusting a switch above the ceiling tile (most likely to save them money and keep guests from using it until they complain). Every day I'd come back from the office, my room keys would not work. The hotel suggested I demagnetized them by keeping them too close to my credit cards or cell phone (really?!). Next day was the same - this time they suggested I was swiping the cards too quickly. Third day was the same - this time I made sure to tell them I kept the cards away from all cell phones and credit cards - they suggested maybe it was the way they were programmed this time. On a lighter note, the remote control for the tv in the living area did not work and both tv's in the room also had problems with channel clarity.

The staff clearly lacks a knowledge to solve recurring issues and did not bother to compensate me for any issues within the room upon my departure. On a plus note, the hotel is located conveniently to the Scripps business center.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The location is close to many restaurants where we had our dinner after a long day of visiting the town. It also close to grocery stores like Trader Joe's (for stacking snack). We got the double queen bed with convenience huge bathroom. We also like the extra sink where one can utilized when the bathroom was being used. Internet connection was great and it was very helpful for our family because I can browsed the local attraction for our next day destination from the laptop, my husband watched the Fox news channel from his iPad, and my daughter played with her iPod, all at the same time. We were planning to go all day and just use the hotel for our base and the features of this hotel served that purpose justly. Therefore, for us this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night and were a bit worried that we would hear the freeway traffic. As soon as we were in our room (huge, clean and spacious, if a bit old) it was very quiet and we actually got a very good night's sleep. The location is good too, very close to shops, restaurants, easy to get in and out. Parking was crowded in the hotel lot, but we found a spot. Would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Springboro, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This hotel is close to shopping and restaurants. The offer a full breakfast that was good every morning. Saves on eating out the entire time. The 2 bed suite was a good size. The beds are way too soft. Everything was great about this hotel. I would give it a higher rating but the staff was not helpful when I accidentally left a camera charger in room. Never got it back even after repeated calls.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Downey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, with a friendly and helpful staff. I especially liked the bed. As soon as I layed down it felt very comfortable. There is plenty of food in walking distance. (That will be in another review.) I really didn't care for the parking. There are two hotels on this property and in my opinion there is not enough parking for both. Heading north towards the hotel on I-15 proves difficult with traffic and going a block to make a u-turn at the light.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I am currently staying here while on business. The hotel features outside access around a very nice pool and hot tub area. I realize that some people don't like outside access but this is different - kind of like "outside-inside". The breakfast is very nice and the area is conducive to taking walks. There is a little bit of traffic noise from I-15 but, then again, being next to the highway is a very nice feature if you need to get out and go someplace. This is a very good value for the price paid.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Where to begin....

I have stayed here 3 times and ALL 3 times there was an issue.

1st stay during a heat wave....A/C didn't work, but the heater did and was baking us in our first floor room during our 3 day stay. The advice given: sleep with your windows open....they have "security". 2 ladies staying on a bottom floor room that faced the back parking lot, I think not. The manager did end up comp the room but not after having to track him down at the hotel next door since his staff couldn't reach him cause he was "off the property" (next door sitting on the couch talking on his cell phone).

The hotel changed names from a Quality Suites to Comfort Suites after the 1st stay. I figured it might be going under new management, which I was told it would be. Giving it a 2nd chance, I booked again.

2nd stay: 3 rooms. Booked well in advance and requested first floor rooms next to each other. Specifically stated I didn't want any room(s) in the corner by the back parking lot door or staircase. Called back a month before to verify our reservation was good to go. She gave me the room #'s; one was the corner room. I said, no, that they would need to change that she then gave me a new room # to replace it.

We arrived to check in and to my surprise, the corner room was never changed. Forced to spend the night in the room cause they didn't have any others rooms unless I was willing to pay more $$. :/ Next day/night they were to move me...which they did but to the 2nd floor away from my family.

At that point, I wasn't going to deal with the staff anymore and was going to enjoy my time with my family. I called upon my return home and spoke with the mngr. Erika for over 2 hours. She was very understanding (at least I thought so) and stated she was making notes in my file; was going to credit me back for half of my stay and give me points to cover a 1 night stay. I was told to contact her if we decided to ever come back. I felt good after our conversation.

3rd stay: Stayed last weekend for 2 days. Called to speak with Erika and from Dec. 2011 to March 2012 not one note was placed under my name. I had to remind her of our 2 plus hour conversation;red flag went up. Once that was figured out and I calmed down I called her back to book the room.

We checked in on a Sat. -- came back to our room that night at 8pm and had to deal with a party in the room next door. 11:30pm: Called front desk and was told it's still early for a Sat. night and that the hotel doesn't have a policy against parties. RED FLAG. But that security would address the noise. Noise only got worse - people coming and going from the back parking lot door...front desk had no clue as to how many people were in that room or who was coming and going. RED FLAG. 1:30am: called front desk again, told they would have to call the cops. 2am: Cops show up and clear out the "extra" guest. Finally silence and maybe some sleep. :/

Phone in bedroom didn't work; light bulb missing in lamp on night stand in bedroom; water damage to the ceiling/wall/wallpaper peeling off in bedroom; refridge was turned off so all our food went to waste.

One can only hope this hotel will change it's policy on parties and having the 2 back door entrances just open for people to go in and out of without a key. Security is a BIG ISSUE...guest safety is not a top priority at this location or to the staff.

Plenty of hotels in and around the area...may have to pay more, but if it's for your safety or the safety of your family...won't you spend it? I will.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar? Share your experiences!