“Hopeless Hyatt” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa

You added HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa to your Saves list
HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10044 Pacific Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92121 (Formerly Woodfin Suites Hotel, Sorrento Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #82 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Toronto, Canada
“Hopeless Hyatt”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I concur with several ratings provided to this property. I am a diamond tier member with Hyatt and used my points to stay at this property for 2 nights.

John am never bothered to respond to my emails and Jill Nelson sarcastically responded to my emails informing me that she is crediting points for 1 night back. Her argument was that we never complained when we had listed all the complaints to reception to Christian who was never wanting to attend to complaints.
We stayed in the room for 2 nights. Below were my concerns that were never addressed:
1. My 4 yr old and both of us (me and wife) were unable to sleep due to noisy ventilation in room 357. We were unable to watch tv in the living room due to the noise
2. During the entire stay, I was told "one minute" by Christian and this minute never ended - no one responded to our concerns
3. Breakfast on first day - was overcrowded and we went out for breakfast
4. Farthest bed in the bedroom has a bump in the middle making it impossible to sleep. Living room sofa bed - we couldn't sleep as well
5. The room was not cleaned second day. Only linen was tucked in. The living room carpet was left dirty.
6. The room provided had no view from either the bed room or the living room

Room Tip: Avoid this hyatt property as it lacks customer service.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014

I am truly sorry that we were unable to provide you with the level of service that you deserve as a Diamond Member.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-597-0500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Poor customer service-..overcrowded restaurant during the complimentary morning buffet! Not enough seating for guests..we had to carry back breakfast to the room which was very inconvenient. Refills would either take too long or just wouldn't happen.

Average quality of food at the in house restaurant even though we ordered the recommended chef specials!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I do apologize for the poor customer service you recieved.

Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights got little if any sleep, NO A/C no fan told the desk after coming back from dinner late, well suggestion to move rooms doesn't cut it after long plane rides. Made the issue know the next am before leaving for meetings, came back later again after dinner meeting, guess what front desk tells me a story of "well he said he just came down from the room" Yes its fixed,,lmao not even close. You would think they could get their story straight and quite covering for their bad efforts...Would not stay here again, also for the bar: who in their right mind "deep fries" pot stickers?

Room Tip: the only good thing here the showers thats it and size of the flat screen.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I truly apologize for the A/C issues that you had during your stay and please know I am in the process of correcting the issues you experianced during your stay.
Again, thank you for staying with us! If I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-597-0500.
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here for three nights before Christmas and I really liked the clean and spacious room they had. Surrounding are is basically Qualcomm city with several office buildings, but if you are on business trip and visiting Qualcomm or other local businesses, I highly recommend this hotel.

In the mornings I used once the training room and once went out side for a run. I recommend to go out for run since especially in the morning the surrounding are is very quite and you can select from several routes. Training room is good short training session, but it is quite small.

Breakfast was ok.

Rooms air conditioning was quite laud and for some reason it kept turning on even thought I had turned it off. This effected the sleep quality. The bed thought was really nice.

One more things was the lack of digital TV, but I didn't have time for watch TV that much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the hotel rooms to be so comfortable and clean!
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was in San Diego for training out near Miramar. This location was close to things and very pleasant. The rooms were VERY spacious with full kitchens and a large living room area. The staff was also great.

• Stayed December 2013
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Located in the center of the San Diego-Sorrento Valley tech scene, this hotel offers clean rooms (perhaps a bit on the small side), a decent breakfast buffet included with several hot options (including miso and lentil soups which were both pretty tasty).

They also serve dinner and have a bar (I did not try either of these)

Staff is friendly, parking is pretty easy, there is small food court walking distance if you are looking for other dining options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us! I am also delighted that you enjoyed the hotel Morning Spread Breakfast and found the hotel rooms to be so comfortable and clean!
Yucaipa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had the opportunity to take my wife to San Diego for a weekend and decided to try out the Hyatt House Sorrento Mesa. It turned out to be a great weekend with great food and fun times. The thing that really added to the stay though was the Hotel. I have to say the Hyatt House was a beautiful resort with wonderful rooms. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very helpful. My hat goes off to the folks at Hyatt for a wonderful weekend experience.

Room Tip: The suites are fabulous.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us! I am also delighted that you and your wife enjoyed the hotel Morning Spread Breakfast and found the hotel rooms to be so comfortable!.

Been to HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa? Share your experiences!