“Great value and service makes this my preferred accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa

You added HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa to your Saves list
HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10044 Pacific Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92121 (Formerly Woodfin Suites Hotel, Sorrento Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #77 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
“Great value and service makes this my preferred accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Yes it's not right next to the gaslamp or sea world but its a modern, clean hotel. We've only stayed in the 1br suites which are not huge but way better than a plain hotel room. There is a full kitchen which is so convenient even for just prepping snacks or kids meals. But the service is what I wanted to highlight. Cory Craig, assistant general manager foresaw a problem with our upcoming stay and took the initiative to work up a solution that perfectly accommodated our group of 12. She then tried to contact me at different times and with different methods to make sure I was aware of the whole situation before we arrived. That level of service for just a simple overnight stay to me was above and beyond and has earned them my loyalty. (Whether my loyalty is worth anything is a different story...lol... But Hyatt House, you're stuck with me as a repeat customer!)
And their breakfast is nice! The Omelette bar is yum! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ulm, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

the hotel is under renovation right now and I suppose the super priceline/hotwire deals (2,5* wins around $55/night) will be over soon but as described in my other reviews: mainly guests are long-stay Qualcomm employees and visitors from around the world. Remember that the Opaque hotel guests (priceline, hotwire) are supposed to fill the double-rooms which they can't sell officially as Hyatt house is a "suite only" concept - at the end it doesn't matter (for us).... ($10 for upgrade

If I compare the Hyatt house at Sorrento Mesa with other places in downtown and their overpriced parking and dining options I still think this Hyatt House is a great deal. Sorrow-free free parking, free high speed Wifi (high speed not low speed!!) and a breakfast which you won't find at other properties: huge selection of fresh fruits, made-to-order omelettes, asian breakfast and daily changing breakfast speciailities. The Jacuzzi and Pool in the courtcard are also a big plus to relax in the evening.

Personally I think that the distance from city center is an advantage: however you'll be in La Jolla within minutes also Torrey Pines glider point and beach is reachable within 15mins.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Family and I really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in the process of renovating their rooms and we stayed in one of those so keep that in mind. The renovated rooms are very nice. Full size kitchen and comfortable living area with sofa sleeper. The bedrooms have a king size bed and the bathroom had a very spacious walk in shower. Beautiful room.

Breakfast is included with stay and there is a large selection of foods plus an omelet station. They will rotate some buffet items on a daily basis to change it up.

The staff is super friendly from the front desk to bar staff to the gentlemen making the omelets. Everyone asked if there was anything we needed or would simply ask how your day was.

For us, the hotel location worked well for us because it was centrally located between the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.

I didn't rate 5 star for cleanliness only because they are currently renovating a portion of the hotel so excuse their dust.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms but a very cheerless establishment. Rate is surprisingly high given the condition of the hotel and the rooms which are very worn and in need of capital improvements. Rugs and upholstery are stained and worn. Furniture very out of date. Suites however are large and have kitchens. Kind of depressing. No room service. Staff very attentive and kind. Seems fairly clean.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Grenoble, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I really love being kept awake by the couple next to me at 3 in the morning. opening doors, running water, in fact lots of noises which you should never be able to hear from room to room in a decent hotel. Outdated, tired, awful food in the restaurant the only saving grace keeping this hotel from a 1 star is the staff who were outstanding, especially Ryan who was tireless in helping us out. for over $200 this place is a joke.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburg, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This property is a little dated, but is still one of the nicer properties in the area. I chose this hotel because it was near my customer in La Jolla and was under 220 a night. The Comfot Inn was $179 to give you an idea of how the rates for this area are so outrageous. I was only there for overnight, arrived at 10pm and checked out at 9am. The bed was just okay. The comforter wweighed about 20 lbs! I think this is an all suite property and I did not take advantage of the kitchen area.Very small pool are and gym/workout room. The free breakfast well above avaerage and the staff is very freindly.I was a little surprised there was a TV from 1999 in the room, sorry 2 TV's from '99 in the suite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I came to San Diego to see our sons for the holiday. Our stay was very enjoyable. The staff: I believe the guys name was Chris (Latio man working nights) was there to welcome us at 11:00 PM, and got us to our room quickly. When we got to our room it was not as expected, because we were told that it had a soft-sleeper. Chris asked if we could keep this room until in the morning when the manager was present. The manager was very nice, profession, and helped resolve our issue. She was very attentive and caring about our situation and went above and beyond to accommodate us. The room we switch to was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and second to none. I've paid $$$ for a buffet like that. They had everything on the breakfast bar! The staff was very attentive during breakfast and assisted in any way possible.

There were little small things that needed to be repaired or fixed. Lamp shade was just sitting on top of the lamp. If you moved the lamp it would fall off. The bar chair, back fabric needed to be re-attached. The work desk in the first room needed to be re-glued. Just small things. After talking with Christine, she informed me that you guys are remodeling and all should be in line on the next visit. I would still recommend to family and friends. Location was nice, staff was excellent, and breakfast was great!

Room Tip: Get the King suite with the kitchen and soft-sleeper even if there are only 1 or 2 people. It's...