“Lovely Stay Room for Improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4610 De Soto Street, Interstate 5 and Balbo, San Diego, CA 92109   |
Ranked #102 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Burbank, United States
“Lovely Stay Room for Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is renovated and clean. The breakfast is wonderful. Since it is pet friendly I would suggest a bigger designated space for pets to relieve themselves. Also, a toilet seat cover was missing in our room which made it difficult as my dog kept running to try and get water.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Diego, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The room was small and the bathroom was hard to get into with the door. The AC unit needed to be cleaned as it had a musty odor. Not bad for the price and location but just a few tweaks could make this a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Seal Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Super clean and modern motel near Mission Bay. Free parking and hot breakfast. Easy to find, near shopping and restaurants of all price ranges. Would recommend to everyone visiting San Diego. Will definitely stay again at this or other La Quinta properties.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

stayed there with my family since we were going to visit SeaWorld. It is conveniently close to SeaWorld. The breakfast was packed in the morning but there was definitely a lot to chose from. Not just your regular coffee and cereal breakfast there was eggs and waffles and many other things. The parking is very tricky so anyone traveling I'd recommend a smaller car. The desk people were very friendly. Rooms were clean and the beds were so comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014
West Trenton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were moderately satisfied with our stay. For what appears to be an older place, the appearance was maintained well. When we first got there, parking is a problem. The parking spots are too close, anything other than a compact car would not fit. Surrounding area to park on the street, questionable .
I made the mistake of forgetting my slippers, I went barefoot in my room . Getting into bed that night, the bottoms of my feet were black from the dirt and grease of the carpeting. I had to make sure I wore shoes at all times in the room.
Sheets and bedspreads, many, many stains. My coffee make was never emptied, nor coffee replenished. I had to chase down housekeeping to get some.
Day shift of the front desk, very nice. Night shift, not so much.Breakfast, very nice. Towels and bathroom area, very nice. Having the ability to open a window for fresh air, very nice. Water, coffee and snacks available in lobby 24 hrs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Where to start? The hotel was a nightmare to get into and parking was even worse. They were remodeling, even thought the site said he was remodeled in 2012, and they had 4 spots in the parking garage full of new furniture. That night the room above us was used to assemble furniture for the remodel and it sounded like they were going to fall through the ceiling at any minute. My wife, 3 daughters and I got almost no sleep that night. I called and complained but nothing was done about the noise. I spoke with management about the noise the next morning and was told I would be compensated for our stay and never was and it would not happen again. that morning at breakfast we arrived 45 minutes before the end of service to find no food. we had to ask for them to bring food out and they acted like it was a problem. we were not the only guest trying to eat. by the time I helped my 3 children eat I got almost nothing before the lady began dumping the food out. I left hungry. that night we returned to the room to find they had not fully serviced the room and had the air turned off and the room hot and stuffy. the air conditioners are not continuos even on fan never making the room comfortable. That night they were loading the uhaul until 10 pm with the old furniture right outside our room. we could here the workers yelling and banging the furniture. we were already tired from no sleep and even more tired from our da of fun and could not relax. no sooner had they ended outside they began again upstairs with more banging around. Again I went to the desk and nothing was done. so I went upstairs and banged on the door. they continued without answering the door, I kept banging and banging and they just blew me off. The next morning we went down for breakfast and there was so ittle food that the guest were all hanging around waiting to eat and they were bringing out only small amounts. I decided to take my family to McDonalds instead. We returned late that night to find our room again not fully serviced. We left at 3am and will never return here again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go elsewhere.