“didn't have the opportunity to truly experience it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Dana on Mission Bay

You added The Dana on Mission Bay to your Saves list
The Dana on Mission Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1710 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Ranked #82 of 269 Hotels in San Diego
North Branford, Connecticut
“didn't have the opportunity to truly experience it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Upon arrival the Dana appears to be very clean and well kept. I take great care in making reservations when I travel with my two adult daughters who are wheelchair users. We truly enjoy each and every vacation and knowing that we have specific criteria to allow for an enjoyable vacation I check, double check and triple check.

After check in we went to our room and found that the two room bay view suite for the five of us had one queen bed and one pull out sofa rather than the two queen beds and pull out that would be needed. After going into the bathroom I found that rather than the roll out shower we booked we had a bath tub (something that was not possible for us). The sink was also not ADA compliant as a wheelchair user would not be able to roll under it. After numerous conversations we decided we were not able to stay at The Dana and were lucky enough to find very accommodating people and rooms at the Marriott Coronado. Please see that review.

All's well that ends well as our stay at the Marriott Coronado Resort and Spa was wonderful and so much fun!

Although this turned out in a positive way this could have been horrible. There were other miscommunications so I would be quite careful when booking here.

Room Tip: The bay view suite was very pretty. If you are a disabled traveler I would be careful booking here.
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked our reservations from Hotel.com. The pictures listed on that website were of a very nice, newly constructed, two level Dana Hotel. The rooms were large, very nicely furnished, and overlooking the bay. When I got to our room I was so disappointed I just about cried. I
wanted this to be the perfect vacation. The majority of the rooms at the Dana Hotel are spread out across their 10 acre (approx.) facility. They appeared to be military base housing at one time. There are approximately seven units . The bedrooms were approximately 12x18 feet with either one king bed or 2 queen beds. Naturally the room with the 2 queens were quite crowded. The bathrooms were quite small with an older tub and rust around the hardware. A poor attempt had been made of remodeling them by surrounding the tub and floor with travertine tile . The bed was a good bed and carpet appeared to be new. Now I know why I got such a good deal at Hotel.com for $166.00 per night. I feel this is false advertising when you show pictures that don't represent the majority of the rooms. Be upfront, show the pictures of the older Dana with the ' older pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you know which Dana you will be staying at . The old or the new.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Davis, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nothing fancy, but it is clean. We had a great location in the 400 building on the first floor. The first floor rooms have a nice patio with a couple of chairs. Our patio was adjacent to the pool. The 2nd floor units don't have a patio. The room itself was small, the bathroom was tiny. We were busy doing things in SD, so luckily we did not spend a lot of time in the room. The pool area was nice with a large jacuzzi and a poolside bar. They charge for parking, but have free wifi. the wifi was not great. They gave us a breakfast credit at the Pearl restaurant. The food was fine. Nice location if you are going to Sea World.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice place. Rooms are more focused on family non-luxury travelers. Not close enough to a nice beach in my opinion. I could see this being a really fun place with kids during the summer season, but while I was there, the restaurant was closed and there was very little to do outside of a nice walk on the bay front.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love staying at the Dana Resort on Mission Bay. I brew my coffee in my room and put on the wonderful robes they provide and sit on the balcony and watch the ships going out of the harbor and the crew teams in their morning workouts. It's a great way to start the day. The accomodations are great and the staff is very good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel clean comfortable rooms. Hotel staff very helpful. Found good price on Priceline and staff very good about honoring price. Wonderful on site restaurants. Would love to spend more time. Park like setting. 2 beautiful pools.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at the dana for 3 days, and it was well worth it. The hotel was very clean and the service was excellent. I will definitely be going back. I had dinner at the firefly which is a restaurant that was onsite. The food was great and the service was amazing.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to The Dana on Mission Bay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Dana on Mission Bay

Address: 1710 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109
Location: United States > California > San Diego > Mission Bay Park
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#31 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
#45 Family Hotel in San Diego
#72 Business Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Dana on Mission Bay 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Dana on Mission Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Dana On Mission Bay Hotel San Diego
Dana On Mission Bay Hotel
Dana Mission Bay

If you own or manage The Dana on Mission Bay, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.