“Great time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dana on Mission Bay

You added The Dana on Mission Bay to your Saves list
The Dana on Mission Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1710 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Ranked #89 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff at the Dana Hotel was so friendly and helpful, and the location was fantastic (walking distance to the beach and Sea World). We especially loved the breakfasts at the Blue Pearl, where we were greeted like family and treated with great care and respect. The service was always prompt, even when it was busy. The beds were comfortable, our room was quiet. The hotel building we were in is not new, but it is clean. We plan on going back for a family vacation. There are so many activities to do right in the area, and the shuttle services and public transport make other venues available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Turkish first
Edgewater, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Dana which is within a 20 minute walk to Mission beach. Plus the number 8 bus is right across the street and connects to trolleys downtown, making it easy to get around without a car. We stayed in the newer 2000 units that face the water. It was great waking up and watching boats, rowers, sail boaters, kayaks, walkers right out our balcony and windows. Plus the pool and hot tub face the water and marina. They rent bikes and kayaks at the marina. The hotel staff are wonderful. They want to make sure you enjoy your stay. The service and food at Blue Pearl was better than the Firefly restaurant. David our server got us another item when our toast came out dry and hard. The front desk staff were great at telling us how to get around by bus and save us money. Krista had a lot of info and took her time explaining things. Our room was newer and had flat screen tv and small fridge and microwave. The beds were comfy and room fairly quiet. Room service was fast and reasonably priced. Would stay here again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the 1000 or 2000 units since these face water and great views
Stephentown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at The Dana for 5 nights. The staff helped in every way for a person with mobility problems. For any request, the staff was focused to resolve any issue. The hotel's location is convenient. The housekeeping was thorough. The shuttle drivers were lovely. The 2 on site restaurants were great with modest prices.

Stacy, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We loved our stay, the room and grounds are beautiful. The lobby was nice, appreciated the computer and printer to print our boarding passes. The shuttle ride to the airport is a very nice feature and Don the driver was very friendly and informative! The only downfall was having to pay $20.00 a day to park the rental car.

Room Tip: pool view was very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. It was just my 3 yr old daughter and I having a mommy-daughter-a-cation.
I think the rooms are great. The beds are clean and comfy. I appreciate the real tile in the bathroom - not the fake-faux stuff.
I really appreciated the shuttle rides back and forth to seal world. Don, the driver, was really helpful and accomodating.So nice to have friendly welcoming person greeting you in the morning before a big day at Seal World.

Room Tip: The Dana needs better maps and signs. I felt lost the entire time I was here. So, bring a flashlight...
Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Dana is in mission bay, close to sea world. Very beautiful and peaceful hotel. room is small but very clean, staff are very friendly, good place to have a vacation. Parking cost 20usd per day. Worth to stay....

• Stayed February 2013
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The husband and I booked the Dana on a whim. We used an App called Hotels Tonight, you book hotels same day as travel and get deep discounted rates. I found this app a while ago but was leery of it… So we decided to try it in San Diego. We Live in Orange County so; if things didn’t work out we could have just driven the two hours home.
I am glad to say it worked out very well. We got a King room, it had a refrigerator, microwave, table with two chairs, robes, and the best part…. A Keurig coffee maker! I have one at home and I LOVE IT! If I had known that this hotel had them in the rooms, I would have brought my own pods. They had some good selections, but I have my favorites. The walls were somewhat thin; I could hear the people in the room above. I would recommend a room on the second floor.
The pool area was very nice, they had two pools, and one of the pools had a bar. They had reasonable pricing on drinks.
They offer a free shuttle to SeaWorld, you have to make reservations for it. You can also walk to SeaWorld, it’s really close. Really walking would be much faster.
There was also a $20 Parking fee. Parking was ample, and you could park in front of your room.
I didn’t have time to partake in these but they offered complimentary ping pong and shuffleboard. They also offered bike and boat rentals.
I had no problems with the people who worked there; they were very nice and extremely helpful with the area. All around a great stay, I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a Kerug fan, make sure to bring your own pods! So you can have your favorite blend in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Dana on Mission Bay? Share your experiences!