This is a perfect example of different HIE Owners managing their individual Holiday Inn Express hotels in a different manner from one another. We were in San Diego overnight to see The Who Concert at the nearby San Diego Sports Arena (now called Valley View Casino Center which is misleading since it is 45 minutes from the Valley View Casino......just adding that as a tip)
Anyway, THIS Holiday Inn Express is beautiful, comfy, clean, and friendly (and great breakfast!)
It "ticked all the boxes" on the things that matter to me. The heat/AC was silent!! How did they do that? Usually we suffer with loud a/c in a budget hotel, but not here! TV was a new flatscreen. Bathroom was very large, new marble, NICE GROUT (hahahahaha, but there can be horrible grout in budget motels, indicative of dirt and mold), well stocked with all the items you might need. The coffee pot was large and the desk staff (VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL) gave us a few extra coffee packets so I could make stronger coffee in the morning.
The breakfast was amazing. My husband went down at 6 am and came back with a tray with coffee, orange juice, two omelettes and sausage patties and cinnamon rollls. It was all good and what more can you ask for ? - Usually we go out to breakfast, but in this case, breakfast was taken care of.
Beds, linens, towels, free wifi,comfy furniture, 2 free bottled waters - ALL GOOD.
Two Thumbs UP for this particular Holiday Inn Express - IDEA to the Management: You could probably get some Concert Arena business by offering a shuttle drop off and pickup because we walked, and it was so close, but felt slightly uncomfortable to be out at night in a strange area, walking alone along a commercial street. It beat driving though, because the concert hall is just a few long blocks away and the gridlock was avoided (not to mention the $20 parking fee) - So, I just offer this up to the management because this HIE is a WINNER. Thanks for a great stay!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sea World Hotel San Diego
- Holiday Inn Express Sea World Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sea World
- Holiday Inn San Diego
- San Diego Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express San Diego - SeaWorld Hotel is conveniently located only minutes away from the San Diego Zoo, San Diego SeaWorld, downtown San Diego, San Diego Old Town and the San Diego Waterfront.The Holiday Inn Express San Diego - SeaWorld is also only a few minutes drive from the San Diego Airport, and close to many local companies like Lockheed Martin, CSC, SAIC, CACI, EDS, and SPAWAR. Hotel features include complimentary hot full breakfast buffet, free local phone calls, and free high-speed wireless Internet. Visit beautiful San Diego and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego-SeaWorld Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sea World reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.