“Handicapped people should be placed on the lower level or...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld

You added Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3737 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Mission Plaza Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #197 of 271 Hotels in San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Livermore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My family and I went to San Diego for vacation. We had a blast the hotel was super busy so they upgraded our room to a suite!!! Crazy it was super nice. The restaurant, at the hotel du pars was fantastic the food was amazing :) we had a great time!!

• Stayed June 2014
Alhambra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here for our family trip in San Diego in mid-June. The hotel has nice settings and is close to SeaWorld. The room is very quiet and clean. The hotel staff is fantastic and helpful. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a great stay and the staff was amazing. We were there on tour and all our requests and needs were met. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The staff was outgoing and friendly. We will stay here again next time we come.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had a reservation for July 14th and chose this hotel because of the available "airport shuttle service" since my flight was July 15th at 0630. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to check in before 3pm and when I returned a short time later, I was forced to stand in line from 3:45 until 4:45 ~ yes, that's one hour to check-in. Apparently, there was a national softball playoff group in town with many teams staying at this hotel. Nevertheless, no provisions were made for these people who were all pre-booked and no extra staff was added to accommodate this sea of people, all of which were forced to wait until after 3:00 to check-in. The lobby was packed with families and we were snaked around to the back but VERY visible to the management. It would have been nice to allow us to check-in when we arrived even if we had to take possession of the room later. This would have minimized the wait. Upon arriving at room 513 in "D" building, I made it inside to discover mold in the bath and a cracked sink (at first I thought it was someone's old hair). The room was dark and musty and one room away from the elevator, so very noisy. Parking was next to impossible even for check-in as there are very few spaces to leave the car and even then the spaces are so narrow, one must get out before pulling in completely. This room was NOT inexpensive as the room charge was $183, but I figured with the "shuttle service" to the airport in the morning the price was worth it. During check-in I asked the desk clerk, how long a trip was it to the airport on the shuttle and what time was the shuttle's first trip? She informed me it was 0930 am (really??). What about those of us that have to catch an early flight to the airport? I've never stayed at a hotel with "airport shuttle service" that doesn't start running before the first flight out of the airport. A first for everything!! I was advised I could have a cab pick me up to the tune of $23 + tip in the morning. As I had no option, I agreed to the cab. The clerk stated the shuttle only runs when the driver feels like it and there's no set schedule ~ SERIOUSLY, this is no way to do business. With the added cost I may as well have stayed downtown at a nicer hotel for more money, because in the long run I ended paying as much or more than a 4 star hotel, but definitely with less than 1 star service. Beware of the ads running for the Wyndham on their website! Can you say bait and switch? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be at the airport and is depending on the shuttle. Nor would I recommend the cleanliness or quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lewiston, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I cannot write this review based on my visit, because I DID NOT stay after the way we were treated by hotel management. Called to ask questions prior to arrival. The front desk put me on hold to speak with someone else (no name was given). After holding for 5 minutes, I was handed off to a woman who basically answered the phone with "what do you want?". From that moment on, it was all downhill for me. She was rude, mean, and completely unreasonable...FOR NO REASON. I only wanted to ask questions regarding hotel policy. I asked her to cancel my reservation on the spot. She then said I would be charged regardless. At that point, I was just done. If you are having a bad day, taking it out on customers is NOT OK.

Yours truly,
A huge Marriott fan

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!