“Won't stay there again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3737 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Mission Plaza Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #192 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Seattle, Washington
“Won't stay there again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What we liked about the hotel was the location and the building is beautiful (from the outside). Room had a strong stink ...not sure if it was the carpet or something else. Air conditioning unit was loud and turning it on didn't help with the odor. The room was not in great condition, including the furniture. We didn't get towels and had to ask for them pretty much every day when we came back in the evening. The wireless connection didn't work and that annoyed me the most as I couldn't catch up on work as I had planned. My grievance to the front desk on the WiFi were ignored. In-fact, I heard from other residents that they were running into the same issue. Won't stay at this place again :(.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1,298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Excellent staff, very clean and comfortable rooms. Unfortunately, the internet access is extremely poor (when you have access.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

los lunas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Because of the Wyndham name, I thought it would be up-market. It wasn't; it seems to be an older MOTEL that was refurbished by Wyndham. Don't let the lobby fool you; look at the room before you pay. I would much rather stay at a Holiday Inn.

The worst part was they advertised an airport shuttle, so I made a reservation, based on that one promise. When I checked in and asked about the shuttle, they said the driver was taking the day off the next day, but they could call me a cab (that would cost me $21).

It's just a big bait and switch where you think you know what you'll be getting and then they don't deliver. I don't understand how they can afford to disappoint their customers like this; I couldn't survive at my job if I acted that way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We did the San Diego theme park circuit and this hotel fit the bill nicely. We ended up with this hotel via Travelocity's mystery hotel feature but, after staying there for 3 nights, I'd stay there again without hesitation. I couldn't say that before arriving though as reading through the reviews left me we angst and great trepidation. I had this picture of a run down war zone locale with rooms slightly better than fall out shelters. Happily, for my experience (your mileage may vary), the negative reviews proved to be much ado about nothing.

We had 2 rooms and each had 2 queen beds. The checkin process was quick and painless and they offered some handy tips about getting discounted tickets. Across the street was Phil's BBQ (tasty and the long line meant a 20 minute wait to get in...) and around the corner was Chick-Fil-A which we walked to one night.

The parking spots are tinier than I am used to. Not insurmountable, just be patient when trying to park a 6+ passenger vehicle.

I felt I received great value for my money. I wasn't worried about the "seedy area" driving in, my kids paid no heed. If they had asked well, that is what being a parent is about, the world isn't all roses!

Proximity to Sea World was great, close by Balboa Park as well. We felt safe enough to walk to dinner each night. There was one thing wrong in one of the rooms, the heater had a mildew smell when turned on. However, being unseasonably warm, it was the AC we needed and it had no mildew smell to it. Lastly my family really liked the soap the Wyndham Garden folk selected, they said it was lathery and pleasant. First time they've commented on such an item so I figured I'd put it in my review.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The first night the people in room very noisy until 3 in am called front desk they said they called the room and the people said they would quite down didn't happen. Talked to supervisor he said sorry but that didn't get my sleep back.rude

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!