“Friendly, nice accomodation and good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld

You added Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3737 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Mission Plaza Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #194 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Friendly, nice accomodation and good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked on the same day of our departure. We didn't know what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised, the room was very clean, big, airy and very quiet. The location was great, nice neighborhood. Shopping center and Starbucks closed by.
The staff was very friendly, I had an issue with my wife being sick, and had to leave a day earlier. Justin at the front desk office did a really nice job working on the last night refund.
My wife and I were so pleased, that we will always return to the Wyndham Garden in San Diego near SeaWorld.
I will recommend that hotel to anyone.
Patrick

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This isn't the worst hotel we've been to in San Diego (trust me there are even worse hotels in San Diego - we've been to one where we think had blood stains on the carpet), but I won't be returning to this motel. When we were checking in, they asked us for the names of any male guests so that suggests to me there's probably a prostitution issue with this hotel. Bed is hard as a rock - the first 2 nights I didn't get any sleep because of it. Wi fi has really low bandwidth so it's pointless to use it. Parking spaces are really tight and small so getting in and out of your car can get tricky if everyone tries to park within the lines. You may think about coming in through your passenger side to get to the driver's side as option in certain circumstances. Otherwise, people are taking up two parking spaces. Read reviews prior to my visit about how dirty the carpet was so we never walked on it barefoot so I can't attest whether that is true or not. As we were checking out, a hotel customer was already complaining to the manager about their room demanding a room transfer with some kind of discount. It is a convenient location to other tourist attractions like Gaslamp district, beaches, and Sea World and there is good freeway access, but to locals this area is known to be sketchy although it didn't seem that bad. Down the street it gets a little more rough. The bathroom was ok just needs repair and maintenance i.e., dated, cracked tiles. There's no complimentary continental breakfast. My husband was pissed when he found he out he had to pay $1 for coffee. The air conditioning was like a helicopter taking off in our room - it was so loud. This place is more of a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I decided on a weekend trip to San Diego for a football game and of course we didn't have a hotel. We had stayed here before and we were happy with the stay so we decided on this same hotel again. Check in was easy and quick and so was checking out. This place never disappoints, we had a nice clean, spacious and very comfortable room. It's in a good location, close to everything! My husband loves the Phil's BBQ restaurant and is always happy that it's literally just across the street. We feel safe so we always just walk there! It's 15min away from the Point Loma lighthouse (beautiful views) and another 15min away from downtown San Diego! We were very happy with our stay and we will be staying here every time we come down to San Diego. Thank you!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed here two years ago, but unfortunately the property has gone downhill in that time. They seem to be having plumbing issues--within a few hours of checking in I was using the sink and the drain pipe started leaking all over the floor--when I looked, the bend in the drain was being held on with electrical tape. It was late and I was already unpacked and tired, but the night manager was responsive and had maintenance there to fix it within 30 minutes. Maintenance was polite and quick with the repair. The next morning, the tub drain was plugged up and there was still standing water an hour later. The staff was sympathetic, but judging by their reactions and the electrical tape fix it appears that this is an ongoing problem.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

brenda g, General Manager at Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Sparkie,
I appreciate your feedback; however, the issues you described are not on-going ones but an isolated incident. I do apologize for the Inconvenience and hope that you will return to us and experience a flawless stay.
Best,
Brneda

Been to Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld

Address: 3737 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Mission Plaza Hotel & Suites)
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #194 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld 3*
Just one mile to SeaWorld, the hotel is located just minutes from San Diego's best attractions including SeaWorld San Diego, Mission Bay, Old Town, Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and the world famous San Diego Zoo. Mission Beach, one of San Diego's most popular beaches, is located two miles away, and Mission Valley and Fashion Valley Malls are both within three miles. Popular restaurants and shops are within walking distance of the hotel. This San Diego hotel has one bedroom Junior Suites that will give you and your family the comfort you desire while you enjoy your San Diego vacation. Has special Kids Mini Suites, with a custom-designed bedroom for kids separated from a bedroom area for parents, are perfect for families with children. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden San Diego Near Seaworld Hotel San Diego
Mission Plaza Hotel
San Diego Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn San Diego

If you own or manage Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.