“Great hotel, great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Bay Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3325 Midway Drive, San Diego, CA 92110   |
Ranked #232 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Bristol
“Great hotel, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Other reviews on this site put this hotel down unfairly!! i stayed here with my boyfriend for 6 nights, we choose it simply for the location as we wanted to go to Seaworld and the Zoo, it is a short bus ride from both
The rooms are clean and cleaned daily by housekeeping, there is a fridge and microwave provided which was really useful for us, nice working shower/bath and comfy beds, nothing to complain about! there is a small poo and a jacuzzi, its not big but its also not a big hotel so you usually have it to yourself! :)
Breakfast is basic, muffins and pasties, but its sufficient for being free! seven eleven and a target just round the corner, and somegreat eating places, including Phil's BBQ which is AMAZING if you forget the usual hour long que! (it's worth it)
Service is helpful, they agreed to look after our suitcases for us after check in as our fliht wasnt till the evening :D very friendly
I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again for sure

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel was just disgusting. Everything was dirty. The inside and the outside of the hotel. In our room the carpet was old and sticky (did not want to walk barefoot on it). The electrical outlet by the door didn't have a cover on it (which is not good when you have small children). I'm pretty sure there was mold growing on the ceiling of the bathroom. The room itself smelled. When people would walk outside of the room it was loud and would cause the room to bounce. You just feel so gross and dirty staying here. The staff was not very friendly. Sort of felt like I was bothering them when I was checking in and out. I would definitely not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Book the Comfort Inn & Suites in San Diego. Much better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This must be the worst place i have every stayed in ever, anywhere in the world. the pictures are deceptive, and the sullen rude woman at the front desk does nothing to improve your stay. I got a cab out of there first thing in the morning without "breakfast". Thats another story. The breakfast room was a shocker, the hotel bedroom stank and smelled of mould and bad air freshner. I can say the bathroom was clean with clean towels and linen. Do not be misled by the pretty pictures like i was. The place was a dump with a capital D and i would not recommend it to anyone. It was ghastly!!

Room Tip: I never saw a good room or a fitness center or a restaurant. Well, nothing that defines those items...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Noisy, not too clean. Close to Sea World and freeways. Gentleman's club across the street was very busy on a Saturday night with busloads of patrons arriving hourly. Loud neighbors, thin walls. Towels plentiful but thin and scratchy. Room given initially was occupied and I had to return to the front desk for reassignment. IHOP immediately next door was very convenient. Grocery store and Target across the street.

Room Tip: Room 314 is a mini-suite, decent size and reasonably comfortable. Do not accept 115, 215 or 315-they...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I made a mistake by booking this room. The price was good, if I had known I was going to deal with the most rudest staff I would have never done it. Reserved a room with a king size bed stains all over the linnen. Room stayed humid through ought the whole trip. Telephone in the room didn't even work! This place is located LITERALLY across the busiest strip club I've ever witnessed. Now that I get home checking bank statements they had charged me an extra 100$ which was suppose to be my deposit upon check-in (which was never even stated I needed one when I called to book) This dump is full of thief's and run by the most rude staff I've ever encountered.

• Stayed April 2014
Orange, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good price close to everything in we wanted to see. Continental Breakfast included but if you don't want an IHOP is right next door. Happy Buffet down a few streets. Pool and Jacuzzi, room clean and free wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hobart
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on our trip between visiting Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Sure it's not in the greatest suburb (you can tell that by the strip club directly across the street) but as far as the hotel goes the rooms did the job. The one thing however that I'll never forget was the man who we first encountered at the front desk. He seriously seemed annoyed at the fact of us asking whether or not he had availability. He was literally smashing the keyboard as he typed and was constantly sighing to the point of which I had to ask him if he actually wanted us to stay, to which he groaned and said "yes". We've travelled the entire West Coast (Seattle to San Diego) staying in 2 star motels and backpackers and this man gave us the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life. Sure he might have been having a bad day but if that's the case this business needs to get him off their front line of customer interaction as soon as possible.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bay Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!