“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Bahia Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Bahia Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   998 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off End of Summer Rat
Ranked #40 of 270 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Hemet, California
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Let me just tell you that my husband and I are crazy when it comes to booking places. We look at numerous reviews, pics, and try to get the best deal. We finally chose this place because they were super friendly on the phone and we were given a good deal. We booked for two nights because it was all that was available. Needless to say, it was one of the best decisions we ever made. This place is great! This is coming from a person that is very picky. From start to finish we were treated wonderful. Although check in wasn't until 4:00, Kaylana found us a great room and we were able to check in around 12:00! Kaylana is awesome and gave us great service. We had a bay front room and it was beautiful. However, we wandered the grounds and determined that the garden view rooms and bay view rooms are lovely as well. There is so much attention to detail. The grounds are stunning. At check in, we asked about staying a third night and were given a great deal that we quickly accepted. They are by far one of the best resorts in San Diego; if not the best; due to the awesome service and location. The beach, Belmont park, and many eateries are within walking distance. Old Town, Balboa Park, The Zoo, Sea World, Gas Lamp, are all located within 15 minutes of the resort. The resort is clean and well maintained. Additionally, an awesome bonus is the free passage on the Bahia Belle. It is a beautiful little ship where we enjoyed beautiful views and karaoke. We ate at the restaurant once and they have great food; albeit a tad overpriced. That being said, we will definitely stay here again, since everything else on the resort can't be beat! Tip: if possible, choose the bay front room. Being able to walk right out onto the bay and lounge underneath one of their loungers is worth it!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1,917 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I dined in at the bar while waiting to take the cruise. Our bartender Sarah was awesome and super friendly. The food was great and so was the cruise. I highly recommend coming here while in SD!

• Stayed June 2014
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here between 28-30 May 2014 as part of our 30th wedding anniversary celebrations. We arrived just before midday and didn't expect that our room would be ready we just wanted to leave our luggage in a safe place, however our room was ready and we had obviously been given an upgrade as we had a Bay View room and it was just fantastic. Megan on the front desk welcomed us with "Happy Anniversary" which made us feel very special and then proceeded to check us in quickly and informed us of all the facilities available to us during our stay. An added bonus was being able to park our car right outside our room. Megan was a lovely girl and it was nice to meet someone with a genuinely happy face after a long journey. Whilst we were getting ready for our first evening out a bottle of chilled champagne was delivered to our room with a lovely hand written card from all the Front Desk staff who were also very helpful during our stay, thank you all so very much it was so thoughtful and much appreciated. The rooms were well equipped, spotlessly clean and were replenished daily with fresh towels and toiletries if required (there was no shower gel/body wash), not a problem as I had brought my own, just an observation for those who may have needed it. The resort itself was well maintained and the all the ground staff very friendly when we chatted to them. There was a rescued seal called Gracie in the resort and it was really nice to watch her swim around so happily after being abandoned as a pup, she is obviously well cared for at the Bahia, well done! As we were only in San Diego for two nights we wanted to experience the local restaurants and other eateries in town so we didn't eat in the resort, if we had been there longer we would have definitely dined in the restaurant as it did look good and was very reasonably priced. We will definitely be returning to the Bahia in a couple of years time and will book a Bay View room as we thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxation, especially after a mad few days in Las Vegas! Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: Choose a Bay View room if possible, it's so nice to be able to walk straight out onto the beach...
Green Features: I totally agree with using your towels more than once and doing my bit towards saving water. I do the same at home so why not on holiday?!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chandler, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

You can't beat the location and it just has the overall feel of being in your own little paradise. The rooms aren't huge but were sufficient for myself, my husband, and our toddler son. The staff was very helpful and super friendly. We loved eating at the Bahia Café daily. The private beach area was so nice to just go relax and let our little man make sand castles to his heart's content. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the side closest to Sea World which was really nice, but would love to stay on the priv...
Green Features: Love that this hotel does its part to help conserve water.
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just spent 3 nights at Bahia and loved it. Our room was beautiful, right on the water. Every staff person we met was friendly and helpful with every request. A special thank you to Kaylana W. for going out of her way to make our stay extra special! We couldn't have asked for a nicer time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the cove/ you have your own patio right next to the water/
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Bahia runs a great event service on their boats. Lindsay and Kadi made planning our event SO easy and great and helped me to work within our budget. All the attendees loved it! The boat is beautiful and a unique experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Eastvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The bad reviews were there. I ignored them. Do this at your own peril!!

We arrived on Sunday June 8, 2014 with a booked reservation for a Bay Suite room through Expedia. At check in there was a guest arguing with the desk clerk about their accomodations and getting moved to another room. We checked in but when we got to the room we found out it was not a Bay Suite room. I called the desk and they confirmed it was not a Bay Suite room but they did not have anymore. Notice they did not bother to tell me that at the desk, they hoped I would not notice. The clerk said we could get a Bay Suite room for the next two days of our stay. He also said that we deserved (and they would support) a full refund for the whole night but that that would come from Expedia. I should contact them. This was a ploy to molify me, which worked. More on that later. The room we were in was very dark, musty, very dated. In-wall air conditioning units are always bad news. The next day I went to get my new room and there was another guest arguing about their accomodations and being moved. We got our new Bay Suite room which was OK. Dated again, but ok. We went to eat at the cafe which is by the front desk and ANOTHER guest was arguing about their accomodations and getting moved. Next morning my wife found a cockroach in the shower. The sliding screen door came off the hinges when we opened it. The TV guide on the tv did not correspond with what was actually on that channel. This is what we got for $229/night on a weeknight. When we checked out on Wed, YET ANOTHER guest was arguing with the desk clerk about their accommodations. This is not a scientific survey, but 4 known accomodations problems in 3 days should tell you something.

Lastly, when I called Expedia about the refund, they said that in fact the hotel, specifically one Mr. TONY RAMOS, makes the decision about refunds. His decision, of course, was no refund. But...this was the very person I spoke to on the first night who said I should contact Expedia about a refund! See the game. Expedia was no help. I dont usually book with them, usually Orbitz which have always been helpful.

I know it is hard to judge reviews online. Some are great, some are terrible. It is very possible the people writing the rave reviews about this place indeed had a great experience. I have had good experiences at hotels with some bad reviews. But to me, the number of people I saw having problems there very time I was there suggests a systemic problem at the hotel and suggest a high likelihood of a problem. Stay here at your own risk.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Bahia Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!