“Educational Conference Huge Success Thanks to Bahia resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

You added Bahia Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Bahia Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   998 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off Direct with Bahia
Ranked #40 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Redlands, California
“Educational Conference Huge Success Thanks to Bahia resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

For the past year and a half I have been involved in planning a statewide Adult Education Conference at the Bahia Resort Hotel. The event took place last weekend with over 450 attendees from not only California but other states as well.Thanks to the Bahia staff it was a huge success! From Rebecca Baumwirt in Sales and Julie Deeb in convention services all the way to Casey Coghlan in the audio visual department, no one could have worked harder to make this the perfect event! We were particularly impressed with the services rendered by the food and beverage staff,led by Jim Chester and Jorge Vazquez. The food was exemplary and the service phenomenal. They never missed a beat in serving 400 plus people at one seating!
Each room assignment was perfect thanks to Heather Lawler and every speaker and organization officer felt special because of her attention to detail. The rooms were kept clean and organized as we moved from event to event by Jorge Villa and his housekeeping staff and the attentiveness of the entire to staff to any guest who needed assistance was far above expectation. Security was ever present and when we had a small incident with a guest falling down, they were immediately responsive.
My team is more than pleased to recommend the Bahia Resort and it's outstanding staff for any corporate, educational or business gatherings and for the individual who just wants a mini vacation in paradise - don't miss the Bahia!

Room Tip: There are really no bad rooms, but we prefer the ones that open on to the bay! Light breezes and bea...
Green Features: I observed and approve of the hotel's environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the Bahia from April23-27. I was on the team that put on a conference for 450 people. I was first greeted at the front desk with smiles. Bellman Andy had the task of unloading 20 cases of water he was fast and efficient he and (sorry don't know names) other bellman moved things around for me for the next two days. They were quick and ALWAYS happy to help. Cafe buffet was amazing, hot and tasty. Cheryl (head of the banquet team) was polite even when I know I was in her way lol. The food and the service she provided really made our weekend the best. They were all very nice and very professional. Jorge moved whatever we needed moved with a smile he said he was very happy working at the Bahia and I think that goes for all the workers there. All of this would not have been as nice without Julie. I look forward to bringing another conference and or my family to the Bahia in the future. Nancy Roth

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms and they both had Bay views very nice. My coworkers stayed in the...
Green Features: loved that there was recycle cans everywhere!! I never saw trash. The plants and trees were very well kept up
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Event Planner Julie Deeb and the Bahia staff provided exceptional assistance to our CCAE conference organizers and attendees. Thanks in particular for the last minute adjustments to accommodate our larger-than-anticipated group and to Lorena who provided excellent service in the restaurant.

Jerry

Green Features: Appreciated the blue recycling containers in the guest rooms.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just spent 5 nights at the Bahia. Our room on the top floor was perfect - waking up to seagulls 'laughing'. The location is great especially if you want to go for walks, jogs, and bike rides round Mission Bay & Pacific Beach. The staff from the time we checked in to the time we checked out were very helpful and friendly. If we get the chance to stay in San Diego again, we will certainly stay at the Bahia.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

What a beautiful resort......it's got a very relaxed feel to it, nice, simple but adequate hotel rooms, beautiful views, very nice restaurant menu's, a great 3 hour happy hour!, attentive staff......only thing to mention is.....if nearby rooms a shut their doors, it is very loud, so beware.....otherwise, such a great location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Derwood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Held a conference at the Bahia and then stayed over and had my family join me for a few days of fun. The staff were terrific and easy to work with around conference planning and onsite. Every one was very accommodating throughout the resort, particularly the restaurant and bar staff. The rooms and location were terrific. My room has just been renovated and the views were gorgeous. Lots for a family to do onsite and nearby. I would definitely love to go back.

Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was very impressed with the level of courtesy and excellent customer service with the staff, particularly with a cheerful young lady named Katie S. She was incredibly personable with me from the get-go, as I could not find parking and had to leave my car on outside with the blinkers flashing. Since, I was attending a conference that day, my room was not going to be available until 4:00pm, However when I went to inquire about an available room around 2:00pm, After I had left, she ran outside and caught up with me walking down the parking lot and told me she had an available room ready! I truly appreciated that because I was so tired and ready to rest after a whole day of attending seminars. Thanks again Katie for being so sweet and courteous!! R. Espinosa :)

Room Tip: Upper level suites with two queen beds are excellent with bay views!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Bahia Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!