“Location Location Location - Mission Beach - We'll be Back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bahia Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Bahia Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   998 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off End of Summer Rat
Ranked #39 of 270 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Mission Viejo, California
“Location Location Location - Mission Beach - We'll be Back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel surprised with something new each day. We had a first floor bay room that faced angled out to the beach. It worked perfect as we rented jetskis and pulled right up on the beach. Learned about tide changes with the jetski almost getting stuck on the beach as we broke for lunch. About an hour later our entire jetskis were out of the water. We managed to push and pull ithem back in the water. The tide went up and down 6+ feet twice during the day, which was really educational and amazing to see the beach appear and several hours later disappear again. Most of the employees genuinely seem to care about the guests by wanting to help. It is refreshing to get quality service from all employees...my hat off to the managers...your message is evident in how your staff responds. Convenience to Sea World is amazing and downtown San Diego is still only 10 to 15 minutes away. Really enjoyed the walking and biking and beaches around the resort. Kinds want to come back, which is a Win for any parent!

Room Tip: Bay side rooms have two parking options inside and bay side of room. alking distance to elmont Park...

1,922 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I loved it! I was a little worried because I got a great deal through Groupon but it was beautiful. A little outdated but nice. Beachfront view with huge pool, huge jacuzzi, bar for alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks & ice cream for kids, free arcade games, two seals in resort, beautiful restaurant & bar, free stern wheeler boat ride that was beautiful! I would definitely be going back!

• Stayed August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our family of five had a terrific stay at the Bahia! Our room (a suite with two queen beds and a pullout couch) was beautifully redone, with a large living room and very functional kitchenette, nicely stocked with utensils, dishes, and appliances (I was surprised to even find a strainer and a real kitchen knife to cut fruit). We had a beautiful view and a short stroll to all parts of the resort. I had booked our stay based on a friend's recommendation, but my husband asked me to reconsider based on some of the online reviews.

I always take reviews like this with a grain of salt, and the kids were already excited about the Bahia, so we left our reservations as is. I'm glad I did! The location was perfect, the staff helpful, the room beautiful and clean, the pool and hot tub perfectly adequate, the tropical garden charming and fun to explore, the food delicious ($7.95 for the kids' bfast buffet was a steal), the watersports and bike rentals so convenient and the Bahia Belle such a charming touch. We also took advantage of a special Brazilian dinner on the beach, where the food was outstanding!

Bottom line, the Bahia has a lot going for it. It may not be fancy, but our family doesn't need fancy. It is a terrific value for a charming resort that our family loved. Suites that sleep 5 are hard to find and much more costly elsewhere. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask if the room has been redone. We had a choice of ground or 2nd floor, we chose 2nd floor as the...
Green Features: Glad to see there are options to keep your towels for reuse etc.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Older resort hotel in a great location near amusement park, Mission Beach, and all the rental stuff. Stayed in the high-rise portion 3 floors up overlooking the bay. Excellent view of the Sea World fireworks each night. Best I've seen.
Room relatively quiet except for partiers on first floor below. Solution, turn the air on and shut the door.
Had problems with room cleaning which management resolved 2 days consecutively.
Jacuzzi was running with small children all hours (except early morning) less than 14yrs with no parents supervision. Parents with considerable distance at the pool.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really liked this hotel...however older, it was clean and had great views. There is so much to do
on the property...luaus, jazz boat rides, bike rentals, hanging on the beach, eating at the restaurant which has live entertainment and you are not far from the Wavehouse and shops,
very nice.
Most noteworthy is the courtesy and service I received from Scott Hartman, at the check in desk who made a concession for an issue we had with our room and was very sweet about it,
and a wonderful young man, Stephen Wright, who was a bell boy who helped me get all my
luggage to my room as I was in a very stressed out state when I arrived. Very professional, courteous and genuinely caring staff....thank you!!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the bay--so nice!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

So far all of the employees have been incredible! All have had excellent attitudes and have treated me with respect. The most important is all have had a very positive attitude. (all have been up and happy spirit) which really helped in the overall feeling of the stay. I am very impressed with all. Thank you for an excellent stay.

secaucus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel
has beautiful grounds with lots to do at the resort and close by. The bathroom floor had what I would call years of dirt embedded into the tiles and grout that you would not want to walk on without shoes on. The room needs a serious makeover. We did enjoy the pool; restaurant; and the staff are all great.

Room Tip: It appeared that the bayside rooms would have been a better choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bahia Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!