“Spring Break 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

You added Bahia Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Bahia Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   998 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off Direct with Bahia
Ranked #40 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Springtown, Texas, United States
“Spring Break 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our first trip to California and the Bahia, let me just say it was amazing. The rooms were great, the view was beautiful, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Loved getting to see the sea lions every morning while i sat on my balcony. Perfectly located in the middle of all the exciting things like the ocean, Belmont park and Sea World, and many other activities. Loved the pool and the hot tub. We will be repeat customers!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a great resort with a perfect location. On the bay with a 1.5 block walk to Mission Beach. Less than 5 min (and no freeways) to get to SeaWorld. San Diego Zoo was also an easy drive. La Jolla was only 6 miles away and a great get away too. Rooms were huge and spotless. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Only negative is that it is older and dated so does not have much for curb appeal. We will go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I came here to celebrate our anniversary and get some early spring sun. I wanted to stay here mainly because it was central to everything - Mission Beach, La Jolla, Sunset Cliffs, Sea World, Balboa Park, downtown, etc. I didn't have high expectations and was initially doubtful because our room reservation was incorrect. However, they did not hesitate to immediately upgrade our room to accommodate us.

The facility is quite peaceful, tropical, and quiet. There's a beautiful central garden with a pond, free roaming ducks and stream. The pool is large, clean and heated. There's a huge, roomy hot tub adjacent to it, along with a small gym and arcade. We had a "bayside" room which is a bit of a misnomer because there are privacy hedges and a parking lot between the room's back door and the bay, but it is just a short walk away. There are two rescued harbor seals in a fenced pool near the lobby that seem to be well taken care of. Parking is free and right up to your door. The room was reasonably well supplied with a very comfortable bed, granite topped dresser/TV stand/fridge holder. Lighting was cozy, TV was a large HD flat screen, and there was a coffee maker. There was a round wood table, two chairs, and some chaise lounges. The bathroom was modern and had good water pressure. There were no imperfections like loose baseboards, stains, or mold. My only complaint was the seating wasn't that comfortable.

Housekeeping usually showed up around 3 pm. Room service was prompt and courteous, although the flat bread pizza left something to be desired. The bar and restaurant next to the lobby were excellent. We had a sweet and enthusiastic waitress named Isabelle. I had the fish tacos and they were delectable.

They also had a nightly steamboat cruise (adults only on weekends) with a casino - tickets were complimentary. You can also rent bikes and motorized catamarans right there.

Our stay overlapped with the weekend spring break started, which was disappointing because the common areas like the hot tub became inundated with partying college students. I advise others to take this into consideration when making reservations.

Overall, we loved the place and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Bayside is a little more private. Garden views are beautiful but common sidewalks are adjacent to y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. It was clean. I very picky and I thought this place was very clean. The grounds are beautiful. Close to the beach and Sea World. The heated pool was nice and they have a huge hot tub. We didn't encounter any staff except for check in and they were friendly.

• Stayed March 2013
Sausalito, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've returned to the Bahia Resort Hotel every year for over 12 years now for our large week-long conferences. We love the location, the staff, the meeting rooms and the property. We have participants coming from all over the US and it's hard to keep them in-doors, as the area is so beautiful. They have access to a great walking path along the bay, or just a couple blocks from a walk along the ocean. There are restaurants within walking distance, and much more to do within a few miles, if you have a car.

Because the property is not new, we have appreciated their continuing to update their sleeping rooms throughout the property. All in all, we have so enjoyed coming to the Bahia each year. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay no matter how long you are there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South Hamilton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the Bahia from 3/9-3/17/2013. Prompt and courteous check-in. Everyone that worked at the front desk was most helpful and cheerful during our stay. Our room was wonderful...the bed was SOOOOO comfortable. The room was immaculate and cleaned every day. The food was delicious...the happy hour menu at the bar was awesome! All of the appetizers were $5.00 and excellent. I ordered the spinach-artichoke dip and the fish tacos, which were to die for. The buffet breakfast(15.00) was excellent....fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, homemade waffles etc. Room service was cheap too, if you didn't want to leave your room. The whole atmosphere of the Bahia is so tropical and inviting. The pool was huge, as well as the hot tub that seated 33 people!! Everything was exceptionally clean and well groomed....the plants were gorgeous all around the whole resort. There were beaches everywhere you turned. Clean water for boating and swimming. Two blind rescued seals have a beautiful pool area surrounded by natural rocks and plants and are a pleasure to watch. My next trip to Cali will definitely have me staying at the Bahia. I can't say enough good things about this place. If you're looking for a four star hotel with all of the bells and whistles, you won't find it here. Rooms are simple but tastefully done and in pristine condition. The area itself and the grounds of the Bahia make up for it. Just having so many areas to explore and walk around make the Bahia my choice in the San Diego area. Mission beach is just a 5 minute walk, and what a gorgeous beach, with 2 miles of white sandy beach and a boardwalk to either bike, roller blade, skate board or walk/jog and the houses along the boardwalk were fabulous. So many restaurants within walking distance. You won't be disappointed. Thank you to the Bahia staff for a most wonderful vacation!!! Hopefully, I will be returning next year, if money allows! So sad to return home!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed here twice, most recently March 2013 for a conference on site. It is a really nice location for a conference, with meeting and banquet rooms all in close proximity to the hotel rooms. Really good service throughout. My room seemed like an upgrade because it had a sofa and a full kitchen facing the public beach with a sliding door to a balcony. I was only in my room a short time, or I would have enjoyed it. The room was a bit outdated, but clean and large. The bed was nice. I stayed in one of the little bungalow type rooms maybe 2 years ago and thought that room was even more dated and a little musty. Others are talking about renovated rooms, so maybe that has changed.

Free parking and wifi is always appreciated!

The bar is cozy and friendly. Excellent service and food service as well. We had buffet banquet service which was okay. Seemed short on desserts. I wish they had a coffee shop on site as it took awhile to get a small cup of coffee to go from the main dining room in the morning.

The beach/town is within short walking distance and I found a Subway and other food options there.

It really is a beautiful location. I sort of wished I had stayed an extra day after the sun came out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bahia Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!